06. Error In The Ways

********

********

The maroon prayer mat was spread infront of the bed and facing perpendicular to the window ahead where, the swaying dark prussian blue curtains were alarming a downpour.

The tall petite figure stood in the position of Qiyam on the southern side of the prayer mat. Her hands were placed one over the another on the chest, a long brown shaded shawl tucked around her head all the way to her torso, her eyes adhered to a point on the mat where her head was in prostration a few seconds before and her rosy lips moving with her whispering recitation. There was an ephemeral and rare tranquility on her phiz as if despite the eyes being free.. a reverie had caged her vision.

Her hands peeped out of the shawl as she flexed her arms up and when they reached adjacent to the ears, the whispering words exited...

ٱللَّٰهُ أَكْبَرُ

"Allah is the Greatest."

The hands were back in the previous position and her lips were once again moving with her recitation, but this time of 'Dua e Qunoot (Recited in the Third Rikah of Witr)'.

اَللَّهُمَّ اِنَّا نَسۡتَعِيۡنُكَ وَنَسۡتَغْفِرُكَ وَنُؤۡمِنُ بِكَ وَنَتَوَكَّلُ عَلَيۡكَ

"Oh Allah! We Beseech Your Help And We Ask Your Pardon And We Believe In You And We Put Our Trust In You."

Another dreadful thunder of the clashing clouds reverberated in the ambience and the intermittent tiny droplets on the window proclaimed.. the showering of Allah's Mercy through rain had started.

وَنُثۡنِىۡ عَلَيۡكَ ٱلۡخَيۡرَ وَنَشۡكُرُكَ وَلَا نَكۡفُرُكَ وَنَخۡلَعُ وَنَتۡرُكُ مَنۡ يَّفۡجُرُكَ۔

"And We Praise You In The Best Manner And We Thank You And We Are Not Ungrateful To You And We Cast Off And Leave The One Who Disobeys You."

Where around the world, christians were worshipping Christ, Jews were worshipping Yahweh and many different religions worshipping different gods in their ways, the girl here was worshipping none other than Allah.

اَللَّهُمَّ اِيَّاكَ نَعۡبُدُ وَلَكَ نُصَلِّئ وَنَسۡجُدُ

"O Allah! You Alone We Serve And To You Alone Do We Pray And Prostrate."

The essence of the whisperly recitation was sprinkled to every nook of the modern space, defeating the roaring clouds. The breezing late November zephyrs zoomed in the window and clashed with the side of her young visage.

وَاِلَيۡكَ نَسۡعٰى ونَحۡفِدُ ونَرۡجُوۡا رَحۡمَتَكَ وَنَخۡشٰى عَذَابَكَ اِنَّ عَذَابَكَ بِالۡكُفَّارِ مُلۡحِقٌٌ۔