13. Making A Comeback

********

********

The midnight was silent but the lounge dwelling on the Hostel's first floor was contradicting the hush as the sound of someone talking on video call resonated around the full glazed glass walls. All the girls had already been in their rooms hugging their quilts unlike this figure who was hugging a cushion whilst placing chunks of chips in her mouth.

Ayzel was settled on one of the comfy sofas with eyes on the mobile screen where Ezra and Huda were connected with her.

"Haw Masha Allah Huda! You know even the Miss Universe will hide away from your beauty... Your pictures are so mesmerizing..!!" Ezra failed in concealing her wonderment at Huda's engagement pictures which she had sent them. A state of shyness was captured on Huda now.

"Thank you, Saalim's mother selected the dress and jewellery and my cousins did all the makeup..." Huda began explaining the details of the event which Ayzel and Ezra's curious ears were welcoming.

It had already been a month since Huda had vacated with her family for the sumptuous engagement, Saalim and his family had arranged. Saalim was a twenty three year old medical student whose entire nearest and dearest had been related to the same field. Being the childhood friend of Huda's Aunt, Saalim's mother couldn't think of any girl better than Huda for her son's life partner. Through out the time, Huda would almost daily give a call or message to Ayzel about her activities and finally the engagement pictures were revealed today.

"Did you meet him?" Ayzel asked the second the question hit her, chewing on the chips and Ezra reflected her excitement.

"Um, yes." Huda's said, causing their orbs to widen up further more.

"Really, when?" Both girls enjoined in unison.

"After the function..."

"How is he?" Ayzel clutched the cushion some more with curiosity and Huda pondered for a while about Saalim before replying.

"At first, I thought he's a very angry and serious type but..." The trailing off of Huda had escalated the itching of Ezra and Ayzel.

"But?"

"A person doesn't always turns out as we believe them to be... Saalim's very decent and caring Alhamdullilah!"

Huda ended in a composed and gratified manner. Ezra and Ayzel both eyebrows elevated impressively at the word 'Caring'.

"Ooo wow, well then when is your caring prince bringing his carriage to take you like a Cinderella?" Ezra said with all the amount of mirth in her tone.

"I think by the end of September, my Aunt will take longer leave by then..." Though she endeavored to sound normal, yet her cerulean orbs couldn't hide the glimmers of elation in them.

Ayzel nodded, deeply pleased with Huda's ecstatic demeanor she would rarely witness when another thought crossed her.

"But then what about your studies? There are more than four years left." Her question had captured Ezra's attention too before she rolled her eyes at Ayzel.