05. In High And Dry

********

********

The fast food restaurant was delivering pity on its own self for being opened at night and the reason was the heavy mass of people scattered inside all around, even after 9 o'clock.

The service counter was lamenting the most because its design was hidden behind the numerous figures standing and ordering infront. Among them, stood a boy who finally managed to get to the counter after ten minutes wait. His forearms, peering out of the sleeves of his black hoodie, were crossed on top of the counter and thumbs persistently tapping each other impatiently.

"Sorry sir will you please repeat your order?" The counter cashier asked courteously whilst looking at the monitor screen busily. Iyaad had given his order in such speed hardly to be caught by a normal ear. The cashier typed it down and just required confirmation.

The tapping of the thumbs ceased and Iyaad squinted his eyes as if strategizing to punch or strangle him. From afternoon till night, many people had been a victim of his bad mood and this waiter was yet the next one.

"Which country do you belong to?" His tone was all stony. The cashier abruptly blinked at him with perplexed expression.

"Umm... Greece sir!" He uttered and Iyaad nodded robotically.

"So you type orders in Greek as well.." He stated in monotone.

"No sir, we do in English."

Iyaad lifted his alarming eyes at him and moved a step on side until he was just beside the black monitor on the counter. He leaned in at him.

"Well then give a damn read to what you've fed in here instead of pestering around..!" He tapped the back of monitor with his finger and the cashier gawked at his insolent demeanor with shock before nodding with a 'Yes Sir'.

He re-read the order and once confirmed, he moved to the next customer before throwing an awkward glance at Iyaad who was gazing at the screens hanging on top of the counter, adorned with several offers, deals and many pictures of broasts, sandwiches, burgers, beverages etc.. which didn't catch his taste as usual.

As a student and fond of Graphic Design, he now slowly began observing designs at most of the spots he would go. His orbs scrutinized the menu on screen thoughtfully and mentally gave it his own taste.

This place was his usual spot where Hariz and other friends would always drag him for fast food and today too he was here because of his friends' umpteenth convinces, the sole reason behind which, was just to distract his mind from the mess in the university today.

After a minute, he began strolling around the restaurant. The delicious and spicy aroma of junk food could be felt at every nook of the dining.