09. Winds Of Change

********

********

The Concert was too dazzling and enlivened. The iridescent floodlights hanging on top of the stage, the L.E.D beam lights dancing around and the endless flashes of cameras and flashlights were picturing a perfect astir music show and the loud instruments echoing around further energized it. The posters emblazoned with various band's display were adhered palpably to the side panels of the stage and along the walls.

11:45

There were 15 minutes in the New Year strike and the deep navy blue sky was desperately waiting for the clock to finally hit the strike and allow it the cherishment of fireworks too.

Ayzel's eyes were at the side of the stage at a distance of 50 feet from her where the 12th band was making a display of their music. The concert had been in full swing since two hours and the students' cheering and clappings, dancing and drinking were yet alive. Every soul looked truly amazed with the line-up of diverse talented performers.

Ayzel and Huda were standing across the left side of the stage, watching the concert without joining in the overwhelming crowd. Huda had urged three times to set off for she wasn't comfortable in staying in parties till this late at night but Ayzel had the mind to leave after watching the fireworks.

Ayzel was all enthralled in the show where the band's performance had ended with loud cheers and clappings echoing around.

11:48
Twelve minutes in strike

"Alright friends, the last band to be presenting their performance will be... 'The Black Hole'!!" The glamorous MC girl in blonde high ponytail with shimmery clipped hair strands glanced at the list in her hands.

"So give it up for our fellows Hariz, Iyaad, Michael, James, Daniel and Jimmy!!" She announced the names out before clomping down the stage.

As the names hit Ayzel's ears, the losing focus in her vision automatically revived. The ambience in and around the grand stage blackened with all the lights instantly switched off. The giant L.E.D screen attached on top of the stage was playing the countdown with hammering sounds. 3... 2... 1. Thousands of students, adorning the ground, emerged shrieking laughters and thundering ovation in excitement.

The silence on the stage was sliced by the instant and crisp play of the electric guitar. The ambience yet blackened, the band members still vagued and the only thing emerging were the electric guitar tunes as it played and after three rounds, a direful dash echoed along with all the lights switched on. With another dash on the drum, the six members band came in view through colorful smoke and turned their skills on at different instruments.