07. Knocked Sideways

********

********

The interlocking pavements of Houston were thronged with pedestrians. Some sauntering, some shopping, whereas some just relishing the cool December breezes. Everyone seemed to have been making their best time of weekend. Ayzel and Huda too found it the high time to purchase all the necessary stuff for their chocolate packaging project.

"So Mr. Iyaad, are you okay with Miss Ayzel as your partner?"

The hint of amusement peeking through his dark irises was enough to send down chill in her and with the same confidence he'd turned back to the professor, all ready to answer.. whilst Ayzel lowered her eyes to the desk.

Her heart was ready to fall in her stomach as soon as the anticipated answer would catch her ears and still staring at the desk, she felt Iyaad's words reaching her ears.

"Absolutely Not..!"

The answer was too stiff and determinant with all the traces of amusement already flown away. Ayzel's eyes widened at the unexpected words and for a minute, she literally forgot to blink.. but it wasn't relief flowing to her mind instead, a sensation of blasphemy did.

(He stole my favorite leader Imran Khan's dialogue!)

Her eyes finally lifted in his direction to see him all serious now with his layered hair tideously adorning his forehead.

"I would never wanna team up with her and ruin my project." Another determinant answer and this time, a soothing sigh of relief finally escaped her lips on sliding out of the misery she'd imagined; ignoring his last three words.

(What was the point in playing with my fear then?...)

Strolling along the markets, they were just about to enter another crafts store, when a boy appeared out of the blue from inside and collided with Huda, resulting in the fall of his stuff on the ground. A sudden wave of vexation shot through his eyes after they snapped up in her direction.

"Are you blind? Don't you know how to walk?" He rudely glowered at her and Huda felt scared at the unexpected misery.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-" She bent down to pick up the items when he jerked her hand away.

"Just shut up! Don't even try to rot my stuff with your filthy hands." He cut her off with immense loath and Ayzel's temple frowned as she saw Huda's face going pale.

"Excuse me. She has already apologized and it was your mistake you didn't see us coming." Ayzel calmly clarified in an attempt to end up the situation but he looked otherwise.