12. A Change Of Tunes

********

********

The sizzling chicken in the saucepan kept mourning its death whilst sprinkling delicious aroma of fried curry in every nook of the modern kitchen of the university's hostel. The charcoal hued non-stick spatula was held firmly in Ayzel's hand as she kept intermingling the ingredients as per the required quantity.

The hostel kitchen would mostly remain hushed for the residents' attention were limited to the fridge and breakfast would be the only time blessing this venue with bustle.

The clock had already ticked past nine but Ayzel's plan of engulfing sleep seemed to have been lost tonight as she persisted cooking fried spicy chicken curry with capsicums to prepare lunch for Iyaad. However, she didn't had even a bit of heart to cook for him, whom she'd started categorizing under the label of 'Burger Brats' ever since he had denigrated her meal today...

"My mother cooks million times better and worth eating than these boiled, rotten vegetables... Seriously Ayzel, you shouldn't have wasted your grocery like that if you didn't have the slightest hand at cooking!" His humiliating aura finally broke the string of her vexation, turning her eye color entirely carmine.

"If that's how it is, then you don't need to waste your sweetest time in tasting it too!!" Wildly glaring at him, Ayzel shot to her feet and with one swift, yanked the box away from his hold, causing a faint shock to hit him.

Just as she was about to whirl around to leave, Iyaad's mirthful laugh started reverberating around the ambience, which was only audible to them. Ayzel blinked at him wide eyed, overwhelming with the urge to land her punches on him.

(So now he's making fun of me after insulting like that!)
She assumed by his laugh.

"Come-on yaar(friend), It was a joke! I didn't mean to hurt you." He said between his laughs with the cordiality returning on his visage but Ayzel paid no heed.

"Then keep on joking. I don't want your help in studies!" Sliding her arm in the bag's strip, she twirled around to leave when Iyaad held the lunch box to refrain her.

(Uff! This girl's temper.)

"Ayzel seriously I was lying, your food really tastes amazing... Ok, give me I'll finish it now." He attempted at clarifying which was nothing but another futile step.

"Liar! I know you didn't like it because you guys only like junk food like your junk brain..." She jerked the box away again and he released it but before she could rejoin her track of departure, a slow mischievous smirk was captured on his phiz as he rested his cheek in his palm, taking another shift.