7|Just Friends

Greenville, SC

Greenville, SC

                               ♡LONDON
London got up from the black leather chair as the 26' ginger-colored bundles came flowing down her back.

She pulled down her grey Pro-Nike shorts as they were all scrunched up making it look like she had just panties on.

"So you really serious about this plan," Bri said combing her fingers through the soft bundles.

"It's not a plan, I'm just protecting my heart from now on," London said while going up to the mirror and looking at the perfectly melted lace front. Her edges were laid flat as they were jelled up to perfection and the curly hair had volume to it, bouncing with every move London took.

"I just think you could miss out on the one if you were to give up on love so easily," Bri said shrugging her shoulders.

London had told Bri she was done with love for a little while and just wanted to focus on herself and college for right now.

Bri didn't agree with London's decision and thought it was a little stupid.

London had gotten slightly offended at the harsh comment her cousin made earlier in the process of doing her hair as they were talking.

"You doing all of this over a little heartbreak."

London thought it was far from little as she wasted her time for a whole year and got cheated on two times by a person who probably never gave two fucks about her in the first place.

"Is there even the one out there for me?" London said, she didn't care if everyone thought it was too quick for her to give up on love. Her heart shattered into a million pieces when Cordell cheated on her and she didn't know if anybody would be willing to pick up the pieces and put her heart all back together.

And besides the girl was just too scared to come let someone else fix it just so they can stomp on it again.

"There is somebody out there waiting on you and I don't want you to miss out on him because of Cordell's bum ass." Bri said shaking her head. She refused to let her cousin miss out on living her life over a sorry, no good ass nigga, it just wasn't happening.

"Maybe there is," London said while looking over her shoulder, she didn't know if she could believe that.

"How about we go out tonight to that new club opening and enjoy ourselves," Bri said to her cousin, hoping she would agree.

"I don't know Bri," London said with a shrugged look on her face. She didn't know if she wanted to be in that type of crowd tonight.

"Come on please, you need a night out," Bri said begging London.

Maybe she did need a night out. "I'll text you, I have to think about it," London said to her cousin.

"Okay," Bri said pouting, the answer was good enough for right now, she was just hoping her cousin said yeah later on.