14|Let The Drama Begin

Greenville, SC

Greenville, SC

               LONDON
London blinked her eyes open lifting her head from her Nana's body, she immediately got engulfed in hospital sounds, machines beeping, wheels rolling, and loud voices.

London groaned trying to move her stiff neck as she looked around. She noticed Damir was no longer in the room, probably went home to get some real sleep she thought. London wished she could do the same but she couldn't leave her Nana alone and she lived an hour away so no way that was happening.

London looked up hearing the door creak open as she saw a black male doctor in his thirties walk into the room.

"Hello Miss Green, I'm doctor Grant," the doctor said nodding his head.

"Hello," London said smiling hoping to hear some good news.

"I understand that Ms.Erica here is your Grandmother," Grant asked making sure the two were relatives.

"That's correct," London said looking over at her Nana.

"Okay well, your grandmother is the only one who can decide when she's going to wake up. She can wake up today or tomorrow maybe in a week, it's up to her but when she does wake we'll be able to tell what's wrong and determine the problem" Doctor Grant said while viewing the clipboard in his hand.

"Okay thank you," London said smiling, she knew her Nana was going to wake up so she wasn't worried but she was still scared of what the news was going to be when she does wake up.

London watched Doctor Grant nod his head as he walked out and Damir walked in shortly after.

"I thought you left," London said rubbing her eyes as she yawned.

"Nah I just went to go get some breakfast," Damir said handing London the Wendy's bag as he watched her go through it.

"Thank you," London said while taking a breakfast sandwich out of the bag as she opened it up.

"No problem, I saw a doctor coming from this way did they tell you something," Dope asked looking at London.

"Yeah, he told me she decides when she'll wake up and then they'll figure out what's wrong when she does," London said sighing, it wasn't enough information for her but at least she knows a little something now.

Dope sucked his teeth "that's all he said" he asked shaking his head that was barely anything. How long they had been waiting there had to be some more.

"Yup," London said shaking her head as she yawned again, she was more than tired and the hard chair that she slept on didn't do her any justice either.

Dope looked at London seeing the heavy bags under her eyes, you could tell she was exhausted "you sure you don't wanna go home and get some rest, I'll watch over her," he asked.