16|Birthday Blues

Clemson, SC

Clemson, SC

  LONDON
London entered her apartment and tossed the stack of papers in her hand on the coffee table. She had loads of work that she needed to do, missing college wasn't a smart choice but she had to be with her Nana who had demanded she goes to her classes today and London had missed way too many days of work this week so was scared they were going to fire her.

"Oh, Zara" London peeked into her friend's room seeing her laying down. She entered the room all the way hopping on her bed.

"What are you doing," London said tugging on Zara's arm as she looked at her. Zara's eyes was red and puffy, the girl looked like she haven't been to sleep in days.

"Laying down" Zara replied blankly as she tried to pull the cover over her but they quickly got pulled right back by London.

London smacked her lips "but it's your birthday, your 19th birthday" she said rolling her eyes. She knew her friend was in a funk because of her recent breakup but turning 19 was a thing to celebrate.

"I don't care," Zara said shrugging her shoulders, she didn't want to do anything unless it involved laying down or crying.

London grabbed Zara's hand looking at her "Zara I guarantee that man is not in a bed crying about you" London said frowning. London knew her friend was hurt but laying around all day wasn't going to fix anything.

"I know London but I really liked him," Zara said getting sad as tears filled her eyes. Zara was more than hurt she thought she had found a good man that would always do right by her but she was sadly mistaken.

The only person Zara felt anger with is Jeremiah she had nothing against Bri they were both clueless when it came to each other. She didn't understand the excessive calling and texting he was doing like she was just supposed to pick up the phone when it rang.

"Awe Zara don't cry, tell you what we don't even have to go out. I can lay in this bed with you and we can watch movies and eat all your favorite snacks and if you cry I'll cry with you," London said hugging her friend. Zara was there through her breakup so London was going to do the same.

Although she wanted to get out and celebrate with her friend she completely understood her, breakups were the worst, and people coped with them differently. Some people make their selves busy trying to get their minds off of it and others lay in bed and cry it all out.

"Please can we do that I'm sorry but I'm just not ready to go out yet," Zara said looking down. It had only been two days since the break up and that was just too soon for Zara.

Zara usually got over breakups fast but something was different this time. She actually put her heart into this relationship just to get it broken.

"Okay you stay here and I'll go to the store," London said getting up from her bed.