2|Cut It Out

Greenville, SC

Greenville, SC

LONDON
London pulled into her Nana's driveway & parked beside the grey Hyundai. Cut It Out by Tink poured from her speakers while she sang her heart out.

"I laid it all on the line. Boy, you consistently lied to me you said, you'll never betray me for no other girls. I've could've cheated, but I kept it thorough. So fucking stupid in love with a fraud, boy you don't know what you want."

London yelled out as she continuously hit her chest while her eyes were closed. The girl felt every lyric.

She sang her heart out to every song of Tink's. The artist had all hits, no misses.

London pulled down the mirror above the driver's seat and stared at her reflection. The girl's eyes were red and puffy and a bonnet covered her hair. She sighed and rubbed her eyes, they itched due to the lack of sleep she had last night.

Getting out she locked her car doors pressing the keys to her black 2019 Nissan Altima twice. London walked up the stoned pathway leading to her Nana's door.

Pressing the doorbell London stepped back as she waited for her Nana to open the door. Seconds after, the door swung open revealing her grandmother.

Erica frowned looking at her granddaughter with concern, she hated to see her hurting. "Come in baby," Erica said waving her hand, inviting her in.

London called her grandmother last night and told her everything. Her Nana was her go to person when it came to venting. She didn't judge and she never said "I told you so," she stayed quiet and let her granddaughter pour out all her feelings.

London stepped into the warm home and the smell of pot roast instantly filled up her nose. She turned to her grandma "you cooked" London questioned. Her grandma nodded her head and London immediately made her way toward the kitchen.

She seen that her grandma had also made baked macaroni, cabbage, and cornbread too. London was ecstatic that her grandma cooked, she hadn't had a meal like this in a long time.

London never understood the girls that didn't eat when going through a breakup because baby one thing about London, she was gone eat no matter how she was feeling.

London made her way back into the living room with a plate filled with food. Her grandmother was seated on the grey sectional and London took a seat not too far from her. She loved being right up under her grandma when she was a kid and still does til this day.

"Who said you could get some," Erica said joking with her granddaughter, knowing she cooked for the girl.

London playfully rolled her eyes and then directed them to the T.V. Her grandma was turning on criminal minds for them to watch.