17|Slow

Greenville, SC

Greenville, SC

                          LONDON
London looked in the mirror as she rubbed her eyes. They were puffy and red since she had been crying all yesterday night. There was a frown on her face that had been there since she heard her grandmother say she had three months to live.

London only had 91 days with her grandma and she couldn't even spend all of them with her, like today. London had to go to her classes and work and she couldn't even come back to the hospital since her parents were staying with her grandma today so there would be no room for her.

There was no point in her even going to school or work. She wouldn't be able to focus that well her mind would only be on her Nana.

London walked out of the bathroom looking at her Nana sleeping, she was taking more naps than usual now as her body was growing weak. Her Nana was usually up moving around at this time so it was weird to see her sleep all the time.

A lone tear slid down London's cheek as she wiped it away, her best friend was dying and there was nothing she could do about it. The one who tucked her in at night and the one who held her and wiped away her tears when she got a "boo-boo."

She was there at her talent shows, school plays, kindergarten graduation, and high school graduation and now she would be watching over London at her college graduation.

"Hey baby," Erica said in a raspy tone as she blinked her eyes open looking at her granddaughter seeing her tear-stained cheeks. Erica wished she could change all this but she couldn't, it was just her time to go sadly.

"Hey Nana," London said smiling, she tried her best to maintain a smile on her face to keep from crying.

"Are you about to get going," Erica said noticing London had her jacket on and her bag over her shoulder.

"Yeah sadly," London said pouting, she didn't want to leave her Nana for the whole day.

"Alright well I love you baby," Erica said grinning.

"I love you too Nana," London said as she kissed her grandma's forehead and then left out the door.

♡♡♡
Clemson, SC

London yawned while making her way to her car. Her shift was tiring and she couldn't wait to go home and go to sleep.

She opened her car door and slid in the driver's seat as she started the car up turning the heat on a little since it was chilly today.

London laid her head on the steering wheel while blowing out a deep breath. Her mind was on her Nana all day making her service a little poor but she couldn't help but worry.

She wished she could call her Nana but she knew she was more than likely asleep.

London sighed while tapping on her music app and turning on While We're Young by Jhené Aiko before driving off.