Untitled Part 15

Now

I unbuckle from my brother's old pick truck as soon as he pulls up in front of Nico's house, "Becca hold up." Sighing I turn to look at him and see him frowning at me. "What?" He sighs as he leans back against his seat, "I have some news." Turning in my seat to look at him completely, "What's wrong?" He chuckles shaking his head, "Nothing's wrong. Well as of right now." Snapping my fingers in front of him, "Focus Shane. What's up?"

He runs his hand over his face as he lets out a breath, "Melanie's pregnant." I shriek and quickly cover my mouth with my hand as I jump up and down in my seat, "OH MY GOD!" He chuckles as he looks over at me, something still clearly on his mind from the way he looks at me. I frown as I move my hand from my mouth, "What?" He sighs again and clears his throat, "She wants to move closer to her folks, so we'll have an extra set of hands to help with the babies." My eyes go wide at the mention of babies, "Hold on! Babies? Like multiple?" He laughs nodding as he reaches up to his visor and pulls it down taking a piece of paper of from the mirror and hands it to me. I take the paper in my hand to see an ultrasound with two small circles, and two tiny grey blobs in them. "We're having twins." I look up at him and grin but quickly realize the rest of his last sentence, holding the picture out to him slowly as I frown.

"You guys are moving?" He frowns as he takes the picture and nods slowly, "We leave at the end of the month. They're letting us stay in their in-law apartment in their house, we can't ask for much better than that with twins coming." I nod slowly as I turn back forward in my seat and look ahead, "Well I'm happy for you guys." I hear him sigh next to me, "Thanks Becca. Call me later and we can set up a time to go through the shit in the trailer."

Looking over at him confused I tilt my head, "You haven't cleared that place out still?" He laughs and rubs the back of his neck shrugging, "I've been busy with work and shit." I wiggle my eyebrows at him laughing, "Clearly. Since I'm going to be an aunt. When do you find out the sex?"

He lets out a breath as he shrugs, "She's probably told me six times now and I still can't remember. Text her she'll be able to tell you." Laughing I lean towards him and wrap my arm around him hugging him tight. "I'll miss you." He wraps his arm around me hugging me back and chuckles, "It's only a state away." Chuckling I pull back and put my hand on the doorhandle, "That's like a whole different planet for people like us Shane." I open the door and head up the steps. He beeps as he drives away just as I unlock and push the door open. I turn and wave at him before walking inside.

Looking at the couch in the living room I see Nico sitting in front of the table bent over it as he weighs the buds of weed on his scale he had designed in the table. "Oh, the lost princess returns." He says as he keeps his attention on the weed in front of him. "Not now Nico." I say as I head for the kitchen, walking in I head to the fridge and pull out a wine cooler. Untwisting the top, I drop it in recycling as he steps in the doorway, "So when then B? You going to tell me where you've been since fucking six this morning?"

I take a sip as I keep my eyes on the wall away from him, "Are you gunna fucking answer me?" Rolling my eyes, I lower my drink as I finally look at him, "What'd you get bored of the whore you had upstairs and tried crawling into bed with me?" He laughs before slamming his hand into the wall causing me to jump slightly. "Don't give me that fucking attitude B. I'm not fucking dealing with it."

"Then just leave me the fuck alone Nico. Go call your whore." I take another sip, as he quickly closes the space between us and grabs the bottle in my hand. He yanks it out of my hand and throwing it at the wall making it smash, he grabs my chin with his hand and kneels to my short five-foot height, so we're eye to eye. "You're the only whore I have. So cut the shit."