Chapter 19

Now

It's been a week since Travis first let me crash at his place and since I told him what really went down between me and Nico. I wish I could say it's been weird. But he's been nothing but amazing l to me, as much as I want to and try to deny it; there's still feelings there but with how everything went down I know it can never be what it once was between us.

I sit next to the window on the built-in nook, one of Travis's throw blankets wrapped around me. The rain hits the window as the storm rolls through town, I hear my phone vibrating on the counter. Sighing I get up, pulling the blanket tighter around me. I pick up my phone to see it's Travis calling. Chuckling I sigh and swipe my phone to connect the call, putting it on speaker I hear his partner in the background, "You need to stop calling the damn girl already."

"Shut up Marcus."

Laughing, "I mean he's not wrong. You've called me every hour since you walked out the door." Travis chuckles on the other end and I walk over to the fridge to grab another bottle of water, "What's up?"

"Did you figure out what you want me to order for dinner?" I roll my eyes knowing he couldn't see me, "I already told you I'm fine Travis."

"You need to eat Becca."

"I'll be fine." I protest just as my stomach growls loudly, "Was that your stomach? I'm ordering you food now. What do you want?"

Chuckling I take the phone off speaker and hold it to my ear, "Seriously Travis, you've done enough. I can order my own food if I get hungry."

He sighs over the phone, and I hear his partner laughing in the background, "I'll be fine."

"Fine. If you change your mind just let me know and I'll order it alright?" Sighing I agree, "How are you holding up?"

"The same as I have been since you last checked in an hour ago." I chuckle and he laughs on the other end, "Can you blame me for worrying?"

"No but I can blame you for being more upset about it than I am." I walk back over to the couch and plop down as I hear a call over his walkie, "Go protect the town detective."

He chuckles, "I'll be home around 2am. You can take my bed if you want. I'll take the couch."

"I'm not taking over your bed Travis. I'll be fine on the couch just like I have been." I hear the call for more units to the scene.

"Shit we gotta go. I'll talk to you in a bit."

"Be careful." He hangs up and I put my phone down next to me and turn the tv volume up higher just as my phone starts to ring again. I don't look down at the caller as I press answer and laugh, "Yes Travis?"

"Oh, is that what the guy's name is?" I hear on the other line and my body stiffens instantly, "Nico will love that."

"Who is this?" Pulling my phone from my ear I look down to see private, putting it back to my ear, "I'm the bitch who took your spot or should I say my rightful spot."

Laughing I shake my head, "You can have it. I don't want it."

"Aw cute acting like you didn't just lose everything. Oh well, Nico finally made the right decision." Rolling my eyes, "Why are you calling me?"

"Figured someone should tell you that little trailer trash friend of yours is on her way to the hospital." I jump up from the couch throwing the blanket off me, "What the fuck happened to her?"

The laughter on the other end brings me back to last night, "You're the bitch who sucked his dick last night."

She laughs again, "Oh sweetie, I did more than suck his dick. I showed him what a true woman does for her man. Why do you think he dropped your ass so quickly? He got a taste of the real thing."