Chapter 18

Ten years ago

The feeling of my foot being shaken causes me to open my eyes slightly to see Fiona standing by the edge of the couch shaking my foot, groaning I kick my foot out at her, "What the fuck?"

"SH!" She puts her finger over her mouth before pointing above me, confused I sit up and look to where she's pointing. I smile seeing Travis fast asleep with his arm thrown over his eyes. Looking back at Fiona, she beckons me to follow her, rolling my eyes I throw the blanket off me and follow her. She heads outside as I follow, I quietly shut sliding door behind me trying not to wake Travis.

"Okay spill!" She asks as soon as I turn to face her, she has her hands on her hips as she looks at me.

Laughing I throw my hands up, "What? We fell asleep."

She narrows her eyebrows as she shakes her head, "Together on the couch? Come on Becca."

Chuckling I move my hand up and down in front of me, "Does it look like I had a wild night?" She looks me up and down before making a face and sighing, "Well then why didn't you guys just get up and go to bed when you were tired?"

I roll my eyes at her again before raising my eyebrow, "Do you have a thing for Travis? Is that what this is about?"

She laughs and flips me off, "You and I both know he's not even close to my type." I shrug, "I mean he's living so? Wouldn't that make him your type." She makes a face as she flips me off again, "Ha-ha very funny. Just because I fucked Garrett doesn't mean I'll fuck anything."

I laugh as I remember how dramatic she was when she told me about the night, she fucked the biggest asshole in our entire senior class. Looking back into the house, "You like him, don't you?"

I turn to look at her and shrug, "Even if I did, we are complete opposites."

She rolls her eyes as she crosses her arms over her chest, "You need to get over that whole lowside sticks with lowside shit Becca. Just because you live in lowside doesn't mean you can't be with someone who isn't."

Chuckling as I shake my head, "It's not just that Fi." She narrows her eyes holding out her hands, "So tell me why. If you like him, why wouldn't you want it to be something?"

Running my hand over my face I sigh, "I'm not awake enough to go through this. Can we please just drop it?"

She goes to say something as the sliding door opens causing us both to turn and see Marissa and Jada coming out dressed in jogging outfits. Jada holds a coffee mug in her hand as she gives us both a small smile while Marissa beams with energy of a toddler.

"Morning ladies! It's so nice out here, isn't it?" Marissa asks as she greets us both with cheek kisses, "Fiona care to join us since your up early?" Fiona laughs shaking her head, "I'm going back to bed after but thanks. Have fun." Marissa shrugs as she waves bye and takes Jada's hand pulling her along.

"Later." Jada grunts as she follows Marissa towards the trail, "Don't forget the smoke signals." I joke and Jada flips me off as they keep walking, turning back to Fiona I cross my arms over my chest. "You woke me up at fucking eight am for this? What happened to not getting up before ten?"

She rolls her eyes as she shakes her finger in my face, "Hey no changing the subject."

"There is no subject!" She puts her hands on her hips as she looks at me skeptically, sighing I run my hand over the back of my neck, "Fine! Do I think he's attractive? Sure. Do we have fun together? Yeah. Would it ever work out between us? Probably not. Ergo, no point in bothering with it and no point in having this conversation. Now please drop it and let me go and get dressed and shit."