Forth

It has been 5 years since I last stepped into Thailand. I had gotten a lucrative offer with a top MNC post university and took it as my parents really wanted me to pursue it. They have never asked much of me and this was the only thing so obviously I agreed.

5 years later, my contract was up. I wanted to help my dad further his business here so I left to come back. Over the years, I had lost touch with the boys. I did keep in touch with them periodically but it has been long. I wondered how they were all doing. I hoped to reignite with them now that I was back.

Just as I got my luggage out from the conveyor belt and has reached the arrival hall when I heard someone call out my name hesitantly.

"Forth?"

I turned around and I saw Lam. "Lam!? Hey Lam, oh my god!"

"Hey man. Its been long. What are you doing here? You didn't breathe a word about coming back."

"Its meant to be a surprise. I'm here for good. I want to help my dad with his business so I came back. How about you? What are you doing here?"

"I'm on my way to go catch a flight. I'm heading to Singapore for work. Its a month long trip."

"OH wow! Nice. You be back thereafter?"

"Yes I will be. We catch up then?"

"Sounds good. Still using the same number right? I will Line chat you ok? Have a good trip."

Lam nodded and he took his leave. I watched as he left then I made my way home. My parents were super surprised to see me. My dad was also glad I was back to help him instead. I texted the boys to check on them and share that I was back for good. They were stoked to hear I was back and wanted to meet up.

I promised to meet once I had settled down and we all agreed to go drinking like the good old days. I smiled. I went to take a shower, got changed and was resting in my room when Lam finally replied in the group chat that he had reached Singapore.

I texted him privately.

"Hey, reached? How was the journey?"

"Yes. It was ok,tiring. But its a beautiful country so its stunning."

"Take pics ok? And share. Now you go rest first. It msut have been a long day for you too."

Lam agreed and said he will text tomorrow. I sat back, my smile widening at the prospect of being back in my hometown and reunited with all of my family and friends again.