Forth

I sent him home. His mother insisted I stayed over since it was late. She didn't want me driving up and down. I nodded my head. Lam went to shower whilst I was helping him unpack his luggage. I separated the whites from colours and put them in the correct laundry basket.

Auntie came into the kitchen, finding me doing this in the laundry room. "Don't do it Forthie. He can do it later. Did my Lam force you? Such a lazy boy he is!"

"Oh no Auntie. I just thought of doing it so he can rest faster. Don't worry, almost done."

She smiled at me. "How long more do you want to call me Auntie Forth? Just call me Mae OK. I known you for 9 years now. You are practically family."

I smiled at her. "OK Mae :)"

She smiled at me and left me to it as I continued. Lam showered and came back to finding me airing the luggage, putting away stuff in the correct places.

"You know I can do it right?" I turned to see Lam leaning against the door. I smiled at him.

"I know. I just felt like doing something for you."

"Why not spend some time watching TV with me then?"

I snorted. We both went to the TV room to catch up on some shows; but we ended up chatting away instead. We did that till about 5am when we started yawning. Wanting to sleep, we went up to his room. Lam closed the door and I was standing by the window, getting a quick smoke.

"5am? At this timing. FORTHHH"

I turned around quickly, having stubbed out my cigarette. I smiled sheepishly at Lam who was glaring at me. I went over and pinched his cheeks. Oh that sparked a war!!!

Lam whacked me for that whilst I tried dodging from him. Sue me but I got a kiddy side that only people close to me will see.

At one point, Lam was on the bed and I was below him. He was about to hit me when I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me!

He tried so hard to maintain a balance whilst not falling flat on my face. I laughed st him and he flicked my nose.

"You hit me."

"Yeap."

'You smacked my head."

"Your point?"

"You flicked at my nose."

"Forth!"

"How come you don't kiss me? Don't I deserve that too?"

Lam stared at me wide eyed, at my blatantly posed cheeky question. He was waiting for me to raise my eyebrows, snort or smile to show it was a joke. But suddenly I didn't feel like joking anymore. I really wanted to just express my feelings to Lam.

I ended up raising my head abit to kiss him. I kissed him softly and slowly, not rushing, savoring the fact that I had him with me at this very point and he wasn't going anywhere.

I pulled away and looked at him. I wasn't sure on what he was going to say or do. Sure he kissed me back the last time, but that darn work call ended our moment. And I really wanted to find out what was he thinking.

I was very hesitant but I decided to take the shot.

"I like you Lam. More than just a friend. The way I feel for you is different from everyone else."

Lam was stunned. This time, he pulled away and sat up straight on the bed. I sat up behind him, watching. He didn't move a muscle. So I moved closer and rested my head on his shoulder. He didn't move still. I wrapped my arms around him tightly and held onto him. He still didn't move a muscle.

"Lam..."

"I like you too Forth."

Okays, that i wasn't expecting. I was stunned that I was silent. I may have actually stopped breathing. Because Lam turned around to see my reaction.