Lam

"So let's sign up for a dating app together?"

"Huh! But why? And why me?!?!"

"Because I don't want to do it alone and you are the only one I can drag into this. Beam is dating Nuea, Pha likes Ming, Park is too besotted with Posh, Yo and Wai will rather die than put themselves out there on an app so you are the only one left."

I rolled my eyes. "What makes you think I want to be on an app?"

"Dating anyone? Interested currently? Seeing them casually? Going to ask anyone out?"

I shook my head no to all. "Then! Accompany me naaaa. It be fun!!"

I rolled my eyes again and agreed to it albeit very very very reluctantly. We finished off lunch and went to his house to hang out and game and also set up our profiles. I just did up mine haphazardly not putting much thought into it. He started doing up his and then we gave it to Forth's mum to read and vet through. She read both of ours and jsut started laughing.

"Ma what's so funny!?" I heard Forth ask, whining low key. I laughed inwardly at his tone and just ruffled his hair wondering too why Auntie was laughing like that.

"The two of you want a girlfriend or boyfriend or you want a new best friend?"

We cocked our heads in confusion at her. "I prefer a boyfriend Auntie. I know Forth is bi so either is OK. But what's with the 3rd category?"

"You tell me. You wrote "finding for someone who is funny, loves gaming, isn't whiny or too needy, driven, hardworking and family oriented. Loves food and dirt bike riding. Must understand I will be away for work and never give me or himself room for distrust."

"And you Forth. Aren't any better. You wrote "finding for someone who is able to handle me at my worst states, I.e being sick or hungry. Enjoys gaming and spicy food. Must be able to handle the fact that I'm dedicated to my job and give me room to hang out with my friends."

We looked at each other and chuckled wrly. So that did sound alot like we were looking for a new best friend, not so much for a partner. But to give us credit, it was out first time on an app!! How do we put ourselves out there?

Ah! We both turned to Forth's mother who rolled her eyes at us.

"What kind of people do you two want to date?"

"Funny! Hardworking. Smart. Driven. Family oriented. Most importantly must understand that for me all relationships is very important."

Both Forth and I turned to look at each other and started laughing!! Oh god we shared the exact same wants in a partner.

Forth's mother looked at us sweetly and asked about physical characteristics. Forth and I thought about it for a while. We didn't really have much specifics as we were not too fussy about that. Character was more important but Forth's mum just asked us to think.

"I like someone who is tall, maybe taller than me. Tanned would be good. Not too fair. And oh, it be nice if he had a nice body. Hah"

"Hmm, I want someone who I can cuddle Ma. So slightly shorter than me. A smile that reaches the eyes, nice soft hair? I like to caress hair so that be nice."

Forth's mother just smiled at us both. She agreed to do up our profiles for us when it wasn't glitching. We agreed and left it as such. Anyways she had taken down notes.

Forth and I continued gaming whilst she went to prep dinner. Forth's dad was just watching us from the dining table where he was doing his work.

[Meanwhile between the two of them, out of our earshot.]

"Do they not realize they essentially just stated the other as a partner?"

"Don't think they do. I cannot be bothered to set up their profile for them. They will eventually find out that they really want the other to be their partner. Let them figure it out slowly. Anyways I have always adored Lam. I be happy to have him as a son in law."

"Same here, darling. Same here."