Lam

I was on the phone but my eyes kept straying towards Forth. I saw him sitting there quietly, prolly cursing himself over what he did. I smiled inwardly to myself and just ran my fingers over my lips absentmindedly.

I forced myself to listen to my personal assistant and that's when I realized I was asked to fly back to Singapore for work, with my flight at 11pm Tuesday night. My assistant said it was urgent and they needed help so the boss had told me to go.

I was like what the fuck. So much for taking leave, wanting to bring Suzanne around and most importantly not being able to spend time with Forth. Shit.

I took down the details and she said she will email me the flight details. I replied tersely and hung up. I got back to the couch and Forth instantly read my mood and knew work had fucked up.

"Come here." He softly uttered and pulled me towards him. He gave me a hug before anything else and then asked me what happened. I told him and to give him credit, though his eyes dulled, he didn't say a single word in retaliation. He totally got my job and it's demands.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be silly. It's only for a week. You be back and we can hang out. Let Suzanne know. But I be happy to bring her around in your absence."

I smiled at him for being so thoughtful.

"Now we sleep. After work, I will send you off. Use the day to pack and let Uncle and auntie know ok?"

I nodded. We kept away the cups, switched off the TV and went to my room. Usually, Forth slept on the day bed in my room but for tonight, I wanted him to just be on the same bed. I didn't know how to ask. As I closed the room door, I heard Forth ask me, "can I sleep on the bed with you? I mean next to you.  I mean just on the bed."

I chuckled softly to myself but turned around with a straight face and nodded. He smiled at me. We laid down, just chatting about things as we drifted off to sleep.

I woke up at 8am, realising that the bed was empty. He left already? There was a note tucked securely under the pillow. I took it out.

"Hey, I had to go off first but I will be back at 4pm to pick you up. We do dinner together before you fly off ok. Wait for me. I see you soon. Forth."

I smiled at that note and just kept it away neatly. I spent my day packing, texting my parents and jsut cleaning the house. True to his words, Forth turned up at 4pm sharp. We did an early dinner and I took the flight at 11pm.

The week flew by fast, as I was drowned in work. I couldn't spend much time chatting with Forth but he texted me daily on updates, work, bringing Suzanne out and just random tidbits. But this time around, work was intense and I couldn't even reply to Forth's messages on time. I only told him I was coming back on the day itself, an hour before boarding.

But I touched down on Saturday night, slightly before a week at 11pm, to find Forth, in his hoodies and sweats, waiting for me at the arrival hall. When I saw him, my heart instantly warmed. I realised how much I had missed this idiot. I walked towards him calmly but my heart was literally leaping out of my body, in joy at seeing him.

I got to him and wanted to raise my hand in greeting when Forth just hugged me tightly.

"Welcome back idiot. I missed you so much. Fucking so much."

I don't even know why but my tears just fell then. We pulled away only for him to be confronted with a teary me. Seeing my tears just invoked his and we ended up being these two tall teary dudes, in the arrival hall.

"I missed you too. So much. I.."

"You ain't leaving my side for the next week. No arguments."

I nodded in silence as he wiped off my tears. Grabbing my bag, his other hand found mine and we went off to the carpark together, both of us blushing for some fucking reason.

[Author's POV: and I thought girls were sappy. These two are worse!]