Lam

I really thought he had stopped breathing when he heard my confession too.

I turned around to see him looking stunned. I chuckled this time, seeing his face and he blushed.

"Stupid Lam!" He exclaimed loudly.

"Yes, stupid about you."

"When did you get this corny?"

"Since you walked into my life."

"Jesus, Lam! Stop teasing me!!!"

I chuckled. Forth just held onto me tightly.

"Where does this place us?"

"Let's take it as it comes? I don't want to be jumping into ships that may drown us".

Forth nodded though I did catch his soft sigh. I was afraid that our friendship be ruined if we jumped the gun on this relationship. And I really don't want that.

"Our friendship wouldn't be ruined. But I will take it slow to reassure you ok?"

Forth just answered my unspoken fear. I smiled softly at his words. We decided to sleep as it was already dawn but for the first time ever, Forth held onto me as we did. We slept like that until the sunlight came streaming in and we both woke up to my  mother looking at us wide eyed and all smiles. I woke up first and sat up slowly. I got stunned when I saw her and almost yelped in shock but she quickly put a finger to her lips and shushed me!

Forth was still sleeping and he stirred abit. He turned to his side and continued. I got out of bed slowly and padded out after her.

"Ma! What were you doing?!"

"It's almost 9am. I came to wake you two up for breakfast. How did I know that my 2 sons would be in that position? You should start locking your door, Lam!"

"Ma!! There's nothing between us. Don't be silly. No need to lock the door."

"You were sleeping in his arms. Nothing between you two?! Dont make me laugh!!"

"Maa. Its not that.. we are still friends first and foremost.."

"Lam sweetie. I know you are. I have nothing against you two being together. You can be honest with Ma ok. Just don let poor Forth hear you. He may mistake that you don't want this when you actually do."

I started walking to the hall to switch on the news and told her, "It's not what you think ma. Everything is OK. Anyways, we are still friends first. That's all that matters.

As I walked out, I bumped into Forth who had heard everything. Everything I said. But his face looked abit odd. Shit, did he misunderstand what I said?

He just smiled at me softly. "What's for breakfast?"

I smiled back but felt something was off. "Ma is making eggs and toast. Do you want anything else?"

"I let her know myself." Forth went to the kitchen and I heard him. "Good morning, Auntie can I get cereal too?" 

"Sure Forthie. What did I say yesterday about calling me Mae?"

I heard Forth chuckle but then he replied softly, "It's ok auntie. Let's just keep it like this for now. Auntie is also good and words do not mean anything so that's ok :)"

When I heard his reply, I knew instantly that he had heard me. Shit. He came out with cereal and juice. We all had breakfast together and then Forth left to go home first. He still had to do some work but he told me he will end at 5pm and meet me for dinner. I nodded and sent him off.

When I turned around, I saw my mother glaring at me. "What did I say about being careful with your words?! Now you see, that poor boy."

"Maa, I do like him alot. I just worry our friendship will be ruined. So that's why I don't want to jump guns."

"Lam. Go think carefully if you boys always had a friendship or something more. Don't be afraid to take that leap of faith dear. If anyone, I will only trust Forth to be there with you 💯 ".

I just watched as my mother walked away to the kitchen. I turned back to see the road, my thoughts straying away.