Lam

It became a routine for Forth to pick me up for work, we had breakfast together and then I would meet him for dinner. He told his security to always wave me in so I started waiting upstairs at his cabin for him. He always tried to end things on time but occasionally it overran.

However, Suzanne texted me that she was coming down for a holiday! For a whole week; so I took leave to show her around. So on Sunday, after we were done hanging out with the boys, I went over to Forth's to sleepover.

"Hey Forth. No need to send me to work for a week na."

"What happened? You quit?!"

"Idiot! Is that the first thing you can think of?! Suzanne is coming down for a holiday so I am going to show her around and spend some time with her."

"Oh okays. For a full week?"

"Yea I be back at work only next Monday."

"I see. Okays sure."

I smiled at him as we settled down to watch some movies. It's been long since we did our action movie marathon. Just then my phone rang. It was Suzanne. I told Forth to start the movie whilst I went to talk to her. But our call overran and when I came back, it was nearly 1.5 hours later and I saw that the movie had not begun but Forth had fallen asleep. I felt so bad. It was about 1am. Just then his father padded down to get a drink.

"You ok Lam?"

"Yea I am. I just feel bad because we were supposed to watch movies together. But I had a call, it overran by 1.5 hours n now I realized he hasn't watched the movie and fell asleep waiting for me Uncle."

"Ah. Forth must be tired. It's ok, don take it to heart ok? And its all right. Just make it upto him at breakfast before work tomorrow."

"I'm on leave Uncle. For the week because my friend is coming to town. But I will bring him out for breakfast before going to meet her. Its the least I can do."

"Don't worry. Don't stress ok. Forth isn't petty like that. Can you just put a pillow there or that buffalo will sleep in that position the whole time."

I snorted. I went to get a pillow and blanket for him. Without too much fuss, I placed the pillow under his head and also put on the blanket. I sat down on the other end, watching him for a bit.

I just watched him until I dozed off. Around 3am, Forth was shaking me awake.

"What?! Who died? What happened? Fire?!"

"Idiot. Come here. You are sleeping in such a uncomfortable position. You want to go to the room?"

I nodded my head no. Instead I just snuck over to where Forth was and just laid my head on his lap. "Let me be here for a bit. We can go breakfast at 7am. Sleep. Shhh"

With that, I just passed out like the light.