Lam

Being in a new country for work wasn't easy but I had gotten used to it as it wasn't my first time. But it always remained tiring and stressful. After a long day, I got back to my apartment and switched on my WiFi.

I was having some dinner when my phone beeped. It was a video call from Forth. I smiled and switched on the call.

"Heyyyy Forth. How you? Back at your dad's company?"

"Yes it was my first day. Having been in London for the last 5 years, I think I became a prince Lam! The weather nearly killed me."

I guffawed! Poor Forth must have suffered so much to actually whine. He barely does. He asked me about my day and I filled him in. Thankfully the job wasn't too hard but it was still a new environment so I had abit of struggles. We chatted for quite a bit and Forth joined me for "dinner" virtually. We had each other on the call, had our food and conversation along the way. Even if there was a lull, it was a comfortable one.

Once we were done with dinner, Forth had to go off to work on some documents. I bade him goodbye and I rounded off my day by watching some TV. Just as I was about to sleep, a message flitted in from Forth.

 Just as I was about to sleep, a message flitted in from Forth

A smile flitted over my face without even me realising it.

This became our routine for the next few days. He would call me during dinner time and we would chat about our day. Being able to talk to him about my day made my work trip more bearable. Over time, I warmed up to my colleagues too and one weekend, they brought me out to a local club Marquee. I was stunned when I saw a Ferraris wheel in the middle of the club.

Around 11pm, Forth called me. I told him I was out with my colleagues. He told me to have fun and be safe and hung up. One of my colleagues Suzanne looked at me curiously.

"Boyfriend?"

"Ah noo!"

"Don't worry, I'm open minded."

"Haha, no no. Really. He's jsut a very good uni mate. We became close friends over the years."

"I see. Well he seems nice and protective of you. So much like a boyfriend."

I heckled loudly at the prospect of Forth being my boyfriend. I assured her it's very much impossible. We had a relatively good night out and I got home around 3am. I went onto Line and saw that Forth was online. I texted him.

"Hey still awake?"

"Yes. I am gaming away with Park, Max and Tul! Pha and Kit are also here. Ming and Beam are sleeping though."

I laughed! "Damm I miss this sorely. Can't wait to be back!"

Forth then called me, I caught him walking away to the balcony.

"Who did you surrender your console over to?"

"I got Max to play for me first. So you miss this sorely. Which part?"

"Everything!"

"The games?"

I nodded

"Park? Max? Tul? Pha? Kit? Beam? Ming? Me?".

I nodded to all.

"Who do you miss most, out of us?"

I snorted! "What's with the 3rd degree suddenly? Hahah"

"Had to mess with you man. Haaha
Come back soon. We all miss you too.'

I agreed and promised to be back soon. I hung up,  took my shower and went to sleep.

The next 2 weeks flew by in a whirl. Soon it was time for me to go back. Suzanne sent me to the airport. Just as I was waiting to check in, Forth called me.
Suzanne was sitting next to me when the call came in.