Say Something

Thursday, 2 days before the championship game..

"Haven Buchanan?" Haven looked up as she heard her name being called. A unfamiliar girl standing by the steps of the school.

"Uh.. yes?" She tightened her grip around her backpack strap. Eyes scanning the area as the rest of her classmates rushed down the steps towards the parking lot.

It was Thursday and a four day weekend, everyone was racing to their cars to start their mini holiday. Zed was still in the locker room with the coach and rest of the team going over the rules of the trip and what time the bus would be leaving tonight.

He was here if she needed him, she quickly reminded herself before clearing her throat.

"Did you need something?"

"Actually yeah I do.." The girl blew out a shaky breath as she unrolled the newspaper in her hand.

"It says your not testifying against them.. Why not?"  Haven's stomach dropped as the faces of the boys who had assaulted her were all over the front page of the Seabrook Gazette.

"That's no one's business." Haven hissed, backing up as she was going to make a run back into her school. This stranger could fuck off.

"Did you ever stop to think maybe your weren't the only victim?!" Her words made Haven freeze, looking back into the girls eyes she saw how visibly upset and distraught she was.

"W-who are you?"

"I'm Sadie, Sadie Dessen.. I go to Rosewood. We played against WestBrook the beginning of the season." Sadie's eyes watered, her voice breaking without even getting to her story yet.

"They came after me too.. but no one was there to save me.." Her eyes glared at Haven, wishing she had been as lucky as her.

"Oh my god..." Covering her mouth in shock Haven tried to think of something else to say. "I-I'm so sorry—-"

"—I don't need pity! I need someone with a actual voice to put these assholes away! We weren't the only girls either.."

"Baby are you okay?" Zed's voice interrupted the conversation between the two girls. His eyebrows raised as he saw how shaken his girlfriend looked.

"Penelope Garcia.. Cheerleader for SweetWater, look her up." Was all Sadie said before throwing the newspaper at Haven's feet and stomping away.

Zed let out a low growl but Haven was quick to stop him with her hand on his chest.

"Hav what was that?" He bent over to pick up the newspaper. His blood boiling as his eyes fell on the faces staring back at him.

"Zed.." Haven's voice brought his focus back, concern filling his heart as he watched tears roll down her cheeks. "I wasn't the only one they went after.."

"What?" They had more victims? Suddenly Zed wished he had actually killed them. What kind of disgusting pigs were these guys? Thinking they could do whatever they want to whoever they want.

"Come on.. let's get you home and we can talk?" Haven nodded, trying her hardest to swallow her sobs. She thought she was finally going to be able to put this all behind her as everyone's focus turned to the championship.