Red-Handed

Haven held her Pom poms to her face, the squad gasping as Seabrook's number thirteen ruthlessly tackled yet another WestBrook player. She bit her lip watching as he effortlessly got back up and continued on with the game.

"Go Necro! Dude he's a fucking beast tonight!" Her attention turned to some of the guys on the bench who loudly cheered on her boyfriend. Zed's always been an amazing player but there was definitely something different in the air tonight. She could practically feel her insides tighten with every tackle and the sound of pads crunching with each hit.

Suddenly she saw her boyfriend take off the field running over to his stuff a couple of feet from where her and the team were watching in amazement. He ripped his helmet off, sweaty emerald hair plastered in all differed directions. Holding the sports bottle towards his mouth he squirted water down his throat before dousing his face with the refreshing liquid.
He was on fire.

His breaths ragged as he fought to fill his lungs with much needed air. Looking up he spotted his girlfriend, watching as she gasped. He quickly shook his head willing himself to calm down. He knew she must've seen his eyes, he was pretty sure his zom side was showing.
Lifting his head again, he saw her smile and shake her Pom poms. A sign that he was good to go.
Quickly shoving his helmet back on he raced back to formation. His ears beginning to tingle as he started picking up on the players whispers again.
A growl rumbled in his chest, hearing the whispers grow in intensity. The subject of the whispers had been what was driving him to practically pummel every WestBrook player.

"Their team might be a freak show but at least there cheerleaders are hot!"

"Dude did you see the one on the left?"
"The brunette? What I wouldn't give to have her wrapped around me."

"I could probably bend her ankles to her ears.. have her crying for more."
"Already called dibs!"

He could feel his zombie roar deep inside, they both were angry. Haven was theirs.
Ours.
It was taking everything he had not to rip their throats out. Zed had never tasted or craved brains and actual human flesh but their disgusting comments about his girlfriend made him want to take a bite out of them.

"Let's Go WestBrook! Put the dead back in undead!" Zed rolled his eyes, their cheerleaders even sucked.

Maybe getting a visit from Z-Patrol wouldn't be so bad..
He shook the feeling, if he ever was arrested and sent to life in containment.. He'd go crazy not being able to be with Haven.

Haven.

A sense of relief washed over him as he thought about his girlfriend. Her soft skin, dazzling smile and don't even get him started on her scent...

The sound of pads crushing together caught his attention. In an instant he was off like a rocket, racing after the WestBrook player with the ball. The kid looked back just to gulp before screaming as the zombie launched after him. Zed laughed in the kids face before jumping up from the ground with the ball in his hands. The Seabrook crowd broke out into cheers and noise.

"ZED! ZED! HE'S OUR MAN! NO ONE CAN DO IT LIKE OUR ZOMBIE CAN!" Zed smirked tossing the ref the ball as he watched Haven being tossed in the air only to be caught by her brother and Tracey. The squad back flipped before perfectly landing in another set of perfect poses.