I'll Catch You

"Zed?" The zombies laughter ceased, both Bucky and himself quickly dumping the firewood from their arms to the empty bin outside.

"Everything okay Mrs. B?"

"Have you noticed Haven.. having a hard time?" Zed's heart sank, immediately trying to sense his mate but while he could smell her. He wasn't picking up anything else which was odd.

"Is she okay?"

"She's taking a nap." Bucky and Zed followed Joanne back into the cabin where Michael was putting away the groceries.

"The other night she was really upset. She said she didn't want to testify anymore..."

"What?" Her father immediately shoved himself into the conversation.
"She's scared."

"She told me she was afraid of losing.." Joanne further explained. "We talked about her seeing a therapist when we get back to town."

"And? Is she ready now?" Zed had been asking her constantly about getting professional help. He couldn't stand the idea of her hurting so much and he couldn't help her.

"Seems like it but I just wanted to ask to keep a extra close eye on her for the time being? And please let us know if she is having trouble." The zombie solemnly nodded, "Of course."

"I just want this trial over with." Bucky shook his head, "So she can start working on moving past it. Enjoy her senior year.."

Zed excused himself, quietly walking into their room to find his mate sleeping peacefully. Haven hated naps. She thought they were too wasteful, too lazy. So the fact that she seemed so utterly exhausted worried him. He hoped therapy could help, be what she needed.

Kicking off his shoes he slipped under the covers and held his girlfriend. A small part of him settling inside as he heard her steady heart beat and shallow breaths.

"We're almost there baby. Just hang on for me."

.....

A few days later

"I'm going to marry you.." Zed moaned, licking the buffalo sauce from around his lips. Haven and Joanne laughed as the zombie shoved another buffalo and brains flavored cauliflower wing in his mouth. His mate handing her mom the recipe she had come up with last night when Zed had been craving spicy wings but didn't want to over do it. He had been eating a lot of meat lately. Sometimes it still messed with his stomach and agitated his zombie.

"Looks like another recipe to add!" Mrs. Buchanan cheered waving the recipe card around as she began to make her way upstairs. Apparently she was really excited to add it to the others. Over Christmas break Zed had finally convinced her to write her own cook book catered to zombie kind.

"These are seriously so amazing!" Holding another up he pointed at his mate. "You are going to get an amazing birthday present just you wait." Haven grabbed a wet paper towel, giggling as she wiped her boyfriends messy face off.

"Zed Necrodopolis, your crazy." Mumbling under her breath she looked into his eyes, for once they were almost the same height as he remained seated on the stool. "Crazy for you."

"Come here zombie." Laughing against her lips Zed tilted his head before deepening their teasing kiss. He sighed as her warm hands cupped his cold cheeks. The sensation of her skin on his never ceased to send shivers down his spine. What use to be a innocent feeling now heightened even more with their mate bond.