Exceptional Zed

1 day before championship game

"The teams are practicing or in interviews with scouts.." Bucky announced as he gathered the cheer squad. "I know I'm not your captain but I'm the best you've got." He said smugly as he walked down observing all the cheerleaders in formation.

"This is our last chance to cheer our football team on to victory and we gotta make it count got it?" The team cheered loudly as they got pumped for practice. This would be the last game. The team needed their support more now than ever.

"Grogzi?" A familiar voice caught Haven's attention as she turned around and saw a smiling Bonzo. "I'm good."

Bonzo saw her smile falter but only took that as a sign she needed a hug, Haven laughed as the huge zombie pulled her into one of his famous bear hugs.

He had been sick the last time she cheered with the team and something about having him around made her feel safe.

"Im glad your here Bonzo."

"Zig grog zog derza." Im glad your here too. Bucky blew his whistle, signaling the team to hurry back to start formation.

"Zurich droski ga zog zi. Zote." I've got your back. Safe.

"Thank you." She hugged him one last time, blinking back the tears threatening to spill.

Of course she was scared, there were tons of anti zombie protesters, tons of people that hated her father all in one place.

She felt like there was a target on her back. People knew her face, knew her story.. or so they thought.

The only thing keeping her brave and giving her the strength to fight was Zed. She could feel his love in her veins.

"Who are we!?"

"Mighty shrimp!"

"What did we come to do?!"

"Kick some ass!" Haven yelled out, only to receive a nod of approval from her brother as the other cheerleaders cheered in approval.

"Let's get fired up!"

....

"I'm looking for a Zed Necrodopolis?" The zombie lifted his head as he heard his name being said. Coach quickly called him over but Zed was already at a loss for words.

"Your Coach Everhart!" The teen practically beamed at the older gentlemen repping Washington state colors.

"Yes that's correct and I heard that you were interested in Washington State? Is that still true?" Zed quickly nodded, following the Coach as he waved him over to take a walk with him. The zombie adjusted his baby blue polo and straightened his back as he followed the esteemed Coach.

"I have to say Mr. Necrodopolis, you are a player that's been on everyone's radar for quite sometime now.." Coach Everhart spoke highly of the zombie as he shot the teen a soft smile. "One of our recruiters reached out to me a few weeks ago mentioning you had personally inquired about the school.."

"Yes uh I.. I was hoping to attend Washington State next fall. A scholarship offer would be like a miracle.." He explained as they continued walking along the field. The fresh air and open area helping the zombie ease his nerves.