This is weird .. Right?

"This is weird.. Right?" Haven shot her boyfriend a look, Zed only putting his hands up in defense.
"Don't give me that look, you know this is weird!"

"Weird or not.. This is happening." Haven handed her boyfriend another bowl of salad. "Now hurry up and go put this on the table. We have a lot of people to feed."

Willa, Wyatt and Addison had spent the day at Haven's house. All of them trying to catch up and filling each other in on what has happened over the last few months. Now they were staying for dinner before the wolves needed to head back to their den.

"Wolves." Huffed Zed under his breath before taking the large bowl from his girlfriend and heading back out to the dining room.

Haven shook her head turning to her Mom who was rushing back into the kitchen.

"How are the pizzas looking?"
"Great mom, you did great!" Haven encouraged knowing her mom was feeling frazzled. Joanne got to work on preparing more toppings. If there was anyone that could feed multiple species it was Joanne.

"I just want everything to be perfect.." Joanne admitted which caused Haven to raise an eyebrow. "Why? You've cooked for werewolves and zombies plenty of times.. and Addy is family.."

"I know.. I know." Joanne stopped chopping items, fanning her eyes with her hand as she was on the verge of crying. "It's just.. so much has happened late—" Haven hurried over and pulled her mom into a hug.
".. Things have been crazy but I'm so grateful for you and dad."

Joanne hugged her daughter a little tighter, tears threatened to release from Haven's own eyes as she realized everything her parents have been through since that football game. The amount of stress they felt after her assault and how they've been rolling with all the twists and turns thrown their way.

"Hey do we have any of that —-" Zed immediately stopped, seeing the moment his girlfriend and her mom were having. His heart jumping into his throat as he worried something was wrong. "Uh is everything okay?"

"Yeah. We're good." Joanne smiled kissing her daughter on the head before telling them to go hang out with their friends.
"Dinner will be ready soon."

...

"This is so weird.." Addy mumbled watching as the werewolves and her cousin caught up over the small fire in the backyard.

"That's what I said.." Zed offered, the sight of his girlfriend with the wolves was normal for him but  having Addison and Bucky now hanging out with him on the sidelines? That was weird.

"I guess it's good you two never got together, that would've really made this interesting.." Bucky laughed before taking a huge bite out of his pizza.

Addison flushed, looking over at Zed as the zombie just stared at Bucky in disgust as he continued chewing loudly.

"I am sorry for egging your house.." Addison spoke as she realized she had never actually apologized.

"Long forgotten.." Zed shrugged, his eyes drifting back to land on his mate. A smile tugging at his lips as he thought about how the events of freshman year led him to this very moment.
"Honestly? I'm glad you did it."

....

"Haven.." Zed nuzzled his nose against his girlfriend's neck. Grinning as he watched her fight a smile, her eyes remained closed as she pretended to sleep. "Get up baby, we have school .."