Hanukkah

3 Years Ago
Freshman Year
December

"Zombies are Jewish?" Joanne tilted her head to the side as she questioned the young zombie in front of her.

"I mean, not all zombies.. but we are?" He furrowed his eyebrows as if he was questioning his own words. "Like not all people in Seabrook celebrate Christmas."

"Ah that is fascinating, I wasn't sure if Zombies kept their religions after the initial outbreak or adopted new ones.."

"My pops grew up in a Jewish household and kept up the traditions with us.. my mom..." Zed paused, his throat feeling tight suddenly as he thought of his mother. "My mom was raised Christian.. so we always celebrated both."

"Which is why I thought since we normally celebrate Christmas, we could try things your way." Haven smiled, holding a small blue box in her hands.
"Happy third night of Hanukkah."

The zombie grinned as he took the small box from his girlfriend.

"No way.." Zed gaped at the beautiful hand crafted dreidel. It wasn't necessarily the dreidel itself that amazed him but the work on it. Perfectly translated carvings of the Hanukkah symbols he grew up with were now in zombie tongue on each side.

"Bonzo helped.. a lot." She shrugged, "I figured we could play these dreidel games you talked about ? I also picked up some jelly donuts from Zachariah's—-"

"Your amazing.." The zombie embraced his girlfriend at a loss for words. She was amazing but she was also so much more. He didn't understand how he managed to get so lucky.

"Gross now we have to celebrate with it?" Bucky's voice ruined the sweet moment as he looked with disgust at the thing currently hugging his little sister.

"Bucky!"

....

Present Day
December

Zed groaned, rolling over onto his stomach only to roll into something warm and sweet smelling.
"I love waking up to this." The sleepy zombie grinned wrapping his arms tightly around the giggling human.

"Mmm I like my view as well." Her eyes raked down his bare chest and deliciously sculpted abs before swinging her leg over his hip.

"The things I wanna do.." Zed muttered under his breath, huffing as he nuzzled his face into her shoulder instead.

They were at the Necrodopolis's household, which meant absolutely no fooling around.

Fuck zombies overly sensitive hearing.

"Breakfast is ready!" Zevon called from downstairs. The sound of a door opening and slamming followed by footsteps bounding down the steps alerted everyone that Zoey was indeed up.

"You think that's why your dad was so okay with you staying over?"

"Probably." Haven sighed, leaning in she captured her boyfriends lips with her own.

"At least we're staying at my house tonight."

"Can't wait." Zed pulled her in for one more kiss before rolling out of the bed. "Alright.. Let's do this."

They traded off taking showers, brushing their teeth while they waited for their turns. Haven finished her make up while Zed styled his hair. Both teens starting down the stairs, Zed pulling his varsity jacket snug against his body.