Protect

Haven pulled her face away from Zed, his arms only tightening around her. "Is there a problem?" He snapped refusing to put his girlfriend down as he turned to look at the several Z-Patrol officers with guns and flashlights pointed at him. Whispers and gasps were heard around as people confirmed the zombie was in fact not wearing his Z-Band but was somehow stable.

"Put the gun down Dale, we should be focusing on the actual criminals.." Michael's voice was stern but strained as he pleaded with his brother in law. Joanne ran from behind her husband towards the couple. Zed softened, seeing how much she needed to see her daughter. Reluctantly he set Haven down. She stayed tucked into his side but welcomed her moms hug. It became a awkward sort of group hug as the two girls cried. Zed closed his eyes trying like hell to remain calm and strong.

He had to be strong.
Taking a deep breath he looked over at Bucky. "D-do you still have my band?" He croaked, ignoring how officers swarmed the area. Everything else seemed to fade into the background. Paramedics attended to the hurt football players while cops tried to get statements from everyone else at the scene. One of them finally coming up to them to get the story as Bucky slowly made his way over. It looked like all the football players from WestBrook were being arrested or brought in for questioning.

"It's a little broken.." Zed sighed, collecting the broken band from the older Buchanan. He wrapped the band around his wrist squeezing it in place. It would do for now. He could feel the electromagnetic pulses kick in, trying to soothe his zombie.
Finally the teen let out a shaky breath.

He just needed it to get through the shit storm that was about to happen. Haven shook her head as the officer tried to guide her away from the zombie.
"N-no! I need him—I—I.." She couldn't do it, a sob escaping her lips as she wrapped herself around her boyfriend. She was scared out of her mind and nothing felt right, she needed him.

"Officers I'm sure we can make some sort of exception.." Michael stepped in watching his daughter fall apart in the zombies arms.
"O-of course Governor Buchanan." They stuttered out as if they just realized who they were talking to. Tracey came jogging over handing Zed a plain white T-shirt from his duffel bag and his sneakers.

"Hey Zed, here. I've got your stuff I can just make sure it gets dropped off at Havens house if that's alright with you?"
"Yes, thank you Trace." Zed gave him a genuine look of gratitude before pulling the t shirt over his head. His hand clasping Haven's as he pulled her along to follow her parents and the officers.

He just hoped to Z that he would be able to stay calm for Haven.. He wasn't sure if he would be able to hear about what those guys had done.

All he knew was it was going to take everything in him not to kill them all...
His inner zombie growled in agreement as Zed tucked Haven under his arm, planting a kiss to her head.
Protect.

~~~

Haven was exhausted by the time they got home but still refusing to relinquish her hold on her zombie boyfriend.

"If it's alright with you—-" Zevon held his hand up, cutting Michael off. "—He can stay as long as you'll have him." He gave the other father a half smile, patting his shoulder before heading out with Zoey.

Without another word Zed nodded towards the rest of the Buchanan's as if to say goodnight as he took his girlfriend upstairs.

After softly kicking the door close he made his way to her bed.
"N-no I need—-I need to shower!" She whined pulling away from him with a sudden panic in her eyes. "I feel so disgusting.." Zed's heart broke hearing the light sob escape her lips.
"Baby it's okay, come on I'll get the water warmed up.." He gently guided her into her bathroom, dropping her hand as he grabbed a towel, a washcloth and her fluffy bathrobe. Turning the knobs he turned up the water pressure waiting for the water to heat up to the right temperature. As he turned back to his girlfriend he looked at her with uncertainty not knowing what to do next.
"A-anything else?" Haven broke as soon as the question left his lips Zed pulling her hard into his chest and snaking his arms around her small frame.
"B-baby it's okay I'm here.. Fuck I'm so sorry." Squeezing his eyes tightly he tried to stop his own tears from falling even as his voice gave away exactly what he was feeling.
"I should've never left you.." He cried into her hair while her sobs continued to wrack her body.
"It's not your fault!" She cried but it was no use, the zombie would never forgive himself.
"P-please c-can we just s-shower?" Zed hurriedly wiped at his eyes reminding himself to be strong. His Z-band tumbling to the floor as it came off.
"Fuck." Zed mumbled taking deep breaths as he tried to calm down but it was no use. He was bending down to grab his Z-Band but at the same time Haven's cheer top and skirt hit the floor. The zombie looked up to see her slipping her lacy panties down her smooth thighs.
"Ha—Haven wait." Realization crossed her face, watching as her boyfriend strained to stay stable. He gasped as she kicked his z-band across the floor before her mouth met his.
"H-Haven stop. I'm serious—I can't—"
"I need you." Her lip trembled and a few more tears fell as he stared down at her in disbelief.
"Baby we can't—I really can't control myself—"
"You won't hurt me." Haven tried to assure him, even as she heard his ragged breaths. Her hand guided him, still fully clothed into the shower.
Zed felt like his body was on autopilot no matter how much of a mental fight he put up to stop himself.