Chapter 7

-Will's perspective-

     The day after that went pretty fast. It was already the period with band. Everyone was chatty as usual. A few students near the front of the room looking confused. I actually recognized all of them to my disbelief.

     Robin and Steve were chatting amongst themselves and lightly pushing each other. It was nice to see Robin have another friend besides me. The only time that I actually saw her was on the bus rides to school lately, so I was glad to see that at least the person she worked with she's close to.

     Next to them, was my...brother? It was honestly a weird sight. I would have never pegged him as the band type. I've chatted about having to need more members but until now, he mostly just nodded. Did Mike's playing really get him to join?

     Argyle was there was well but in the back of the class checking out the percussion instruments. Occasionally making them make noise. Jonathan had his eyes basically glued on him the whole time to make sure that he wasn't breaking any of them.

    And then...to my surprise, the long haired stranger was there as well. He shot me a wide smile and a finger gun which he acted like shot off as he lifted it. He looked so cool...what was he doing here? Did I convince him to join with my determination? Was I the saving grace for band?

     "Listen up, gang!" All of our eyes shot forwards to Mrs. K as she had her hands clasped together with a wide smile. "I'm super excited to welcome FIVE new additions to our wonderful band! Let's do our best to make them feel at home! Now...I normally do introductions on the first day of class, but since we didn't get the pleasure, please introduce yourselves! Say your names and the department you joined the school for! It'll be a nice little...get to know you I think."

     Robin sighed before stepping forward. "Robin Buckley. Year 11. I joined Hawkins for film. I've loved it since I was a child, so I'd like to advance into anything that deals with film. Music, editing, directing, anything." She awkwardly smiled before stepping back into her spot and shooting me a glare. I really was grateful for doing this for me.

      "Awesome! Now...the young gentleman next to Robin." Mrs. K pointed over to Steve with a wide smile. "Can you introduce yourself?"

      Steve basically slid to in front of everyone with a smile. "Steve Harrington. Year 12. I joined Hawkins for the choir program. It's super fun and...probably easier than learning an instrument but I'm going to give it a go!"

     Mrs. K brought her hand over to the corner where the long haired stranger leaned. "And you?"

     The man slowly stepped a little out of the corner with a small wave. "Eddie Munson. Year 12. I joined Hawkins for their writing program. I love being able to tell stories...so I figured literature would be great for me." He quickly went back to the corner and leaned against it while playing with his rings. At least I knew his name.

     Mrs. K pointed to the very back of the class. "And you! The one that I assume is going to persue percussion...can we learn more about you?"

    "Ohhhhh for sure! Argyle. Year 12. Joined for culinary. You guys should totally stop by me and Jonathan's job when you have the chance. I'll try and get you guys a coupon for pineapple pizza. Try before you deny!" He started to hit the xylophone at the back of the class with a smile.

     Mrs. K formed a little bit of a forced smile at Argyle. I couldn't blame her. She was probably worried that he would be like that for the entirety of class. "And last but uh...not least." She brought her hand over to Jonathan. "What's your story, stranger?"