Chapter 6

Sometime soon after, I awoke from my nap. My stomach growled in displeasure. I had forgotten about breakfast this morning, so I was ravenous. I journeyed to the pantry and waited until a tenant approached me.

"What can I do for you, miss?" A boy bowed in respect.

"I believe I missed lunch." The servant nodded then disappeared into the back. He shortly returned with a cucumber sandwich and an apple. I headed out to the archery range and enjoyed it there.

"Well, there you are. I do apologize for my leave earlier. I am free now." Teren strutted up to me. I tucked the rest of the sandwich in my cheeks, quickly chewed, swallowed, then gave a smile.

"How ladylike."Akyto appeared from behind him. I groaned to myself. Would I ever get some alone time with Teren?

"We figured we would let you entertain us."Akyto sat next to me.

"Oh, how thoughtful." I snorted.

"Akyto!" Two distant figures waved to us.

"Who's that?" I asked aloud.

"I invited some of our past acquaintances. For business matters of course." Their beauty increased as they approached us.

"Business, of course." I pouted.

"You remember Killy and Persa don't you? They were so kind as to show us around their vineyards this past month." Yeltsin introduced them to Teren.

"Of course." I nodded and curtsied. If I recall correctly, my brothers found more interest in these two ladies than the many vineyards surrounding them.

Both the girls slightly bowed their heads back. To be honest, I did enjoy some female company.

I looked over at Teren who took each of their hands, kissing them lightly.

"You are sure that you want to watch us shoot?" Akyto gestured to the board across the field. The arrows had since been cleared from earlier.

"Oh yes, please!" Persa giggled.

"That settles it then." Yestin agreed, too eager. Even he seemed allured by these girls.

"Teren, why don't you go first." Akyto gestured for Teren to make his move.

"Why thank you."

I rolled my eyes at their attempt to be charming.

Teren adjusted his bow, steadied himself, then released. The arrow struck the board right in the center. The girls clapped, impressed. He nodded triumphantly. I was the only one that remained silent. It made sense now. This "meeting," of course, was not of any business relevance. However, I expected nothing less from Teren and Akyto. They both had charming looks and had high titles.

"Why don't you give it a shot, ladies? Akyto suggested.

"Us?" Both the girls exchanged glances. "No, we couldn't."

"We did not dress appropriately," Persa apologized.

"We just bought these dresses. We wouldn't want to ruin them." Killy agreed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, then how bout you, Emilea?" Akyto gestured with a set of arrows.

"I wouldn't want to ruin my dress either," I poked fun. The girls laughed.

"Why would you worry about ruining that?" Killy pointed at my outfit and Persa continued to snicker.

I grabbed my bow and arrow from Akyto's hands, ignored the girls, and positioned myself.