Chapter 25

"How do you know so much?" I collapsed exhausted against a nearby tree.

"Well, I too had a master, as you do me."

"That explains it, then." I dabbed my face with a towelette.

"Yes." Debynn looked out past the meadow and beyond the forest's trees, to a place I was not sure of. "He taught me all there was to know about swordsmithing, among other things." He gave me a wink.

"Other things?" My curiosity peaked.

"My master's name was Abernan and he was a druid." He waited for my reaction.

"Druid? Like the ones that were supposed to be extinct?" I asked him.

He chuckled.

"Don't listen to every rumor you hear."

"So you were taught by a real druid?"

He nodded.

"Wow." My awe escaped my lips. "Well, what happened to him?"

Debynn hesitated.

"We grew to have different goals. So we went our separate ways. Besides, I had learned all I could and it was time for me to make my own path."

A light breeze made the grass dance and the trees wave.

"Emilea."

I looked up at Debynn.

"If you ever come across Abernan, promise me you will be careful."

"Careful? But wasn't he your mast-"

"Just promise me." He stressed these words loudly.

"Ok."

~

My mind at some point wandered back to my body. I felt a warm cloth pat down my face. I moaned in contentment. It felt like I had awakened from a long hibernation. My eyes opened to a spectrum of colors. A rainbow? Across from me was a multi-colored mural made completely of glass. It seemed to make up a majestic feminine figure. Her glow lit the area. I looked down. I was in a bare room. It contained only a bed which I laid on. Of course, there was also a lady whom I was not familiar with. She was short and rather old looking. Her dark brown eyes watched mine.

"Where am I?" I asked her.

She bowed then left the room. Seconds later Carther entered.

"She finally awakens!" A large smile spread across his face.

"What happened?" I went to sit up but realized I was in my undergarments. I hid under the covers embarrassed. Carther noticed my red cheeks and looked away.

"Your arm got infected. You nearly died. Thankfully we knew some good medics." I looked at my shoulder which was no longer bandaged. Instead, there was a thin scar replacing the once infected cut. I traced the small ridge with my fingers. How could this be? How was it already healed?

"How long have I been out?" I feared his answer.

"Two days."

"Just two?" My mouth dropped open. Carther chuckled.

"It's quite amazing what these druids can do, huh?"

"Druids?"

The Prince entered.

"Perfect, you are awake! Get dressed; there is plenty to do!"

Carther and the Prince left. I sat up and carefully put on my uniform. No matter what direction I made, no pain erupted from the once wounded shoulder. I rotated it, flexed it, and even lifted my armor over my head. With each movement my arm obeyed. Somehow I was completely healed. I walked out of the cabin in sort of a daze.