Chapter 40

Slowly Andrion's guards began making their way towards us. We jumped over KuRath's body which still covered the marble floor like a rug.

"Can I just say, I never wanted to get involved with the Prince's affairs," Teren yelled as we ran through the halls with Andrion's guards chasing close behind. "You just had to convince me to join forces."

"Honestly, Teren, you couldn't have picked a worse time to talk about your regrets."

"There!" Teren pointed at the illuminated door at the end of the hallway.

A few figures entered through.

"Emilea, is that you?" Akyto shouted. Oh, thank the Gods.

"Run! We have to go now!"I yelled.

"But what about the King?" Palleas asked.

"The King is dead." Teren yelled. His words hurt. He had given his life for me. They all had.

"Dead? What happened?"

"Are our horses there?" My scream echoed over Palleas's question.

"Yes." Kelrith answered.

We exited the Palace. Akyto, Bargonaan, Palleas, and Kelrith were there waiting for us.

"Teren!" I shouted to him. We mounted my horse together. Akyto joined Kelrith on his.

"We will explain what happened on the way but right now we need to get as far away as possible," I instructed.

The others nodded.

"Don't let them escape!" I heard a high scream from the halls behind.

"Yah!" I dug my boots into the horse's side. We took off back the way we came. People still fought. They fought with hopes of saving Galasia. With ending the King's reign. Little did they know that the King and Prince Andrion were dead. There would be no peace till Abernan was dead.

"So what happened?" Bargonaan asked.

"Abernan was the sorcerer all along. He killed King Lavro and Prince Andrion."

Kelrith and Bargonaan gasped.

"So who is going to rule Galasia now?" Palleas asked.

"It should be you!" Akyto blurted out. "You are Queen Ezailia's daughter. It should be you who rules Galasia!"

"I can't go back." I shook my head. "Abernan is in control now."

"Then we fight him!" Akyto yelled. I always admired his courage. He was the soldier I always wanted to be.

"No, Abernan needs Emilea. I don't understand what for, but I know that if he gets a hold of her, Galasia will be in worse trouble than it was. Fighting him now would be suicide. He is too powerful. We need to retreat and come up with a strategy to take him down." Teren said calmly.

"I don't understand. Why does this guy need Emilea?" Akyto was likely to be the one most confused. He probably didn't know I was controlled. He probably didn't know I was a murderer. If he had, he would have not trusted me earlier.

I looked at him. What would he say when he found out? Would he judge me for it?

"It has to do with a person called Ophilius." Teren explained to the others.

"Ophilius? I know of that name." Kelrith spoke up. "My parents told me of him. He was supposedly the first druid of Galasia. He was the greatest sorcerer of his time."

"What happened to him?" I asked.

"He just disappeared one day. It has been hundreds of years since he's been seen." Kelrith continued.