···22···

Hyunjin's POV
The day went by in the click of a finger. Now came the time I needed to confess to y/n. I told her I'd 'go get something real quick' while she walks to the shore and waits for me. She agreed and when she was fairly far away, I practically ran to the florist's. I got there and the florist welcomed me and you could tell I was in a rush by the way I said "hi, do you have any..." ah what were her favourite flowers again? I clicked my fingers while trying to think... ah! "do you have any fringed tulips?" I asked him.
"Of course" he said.
"Great, I don't mind what colours they are, but is it possible to get them really... beautifully arranged in a just over average sized bouquet?" I requested.
"Sure, that's fine. What occasion is it for if I may ask?"
"Oh um...I'm confessing to someone and I wanna make it as nice as possible." I mumbled feeling a little shy.
"Ooohh, so are these their favourite flowers?" he asked while arranging the bouquet.
"Indeed. I hope she likes them." I kinda muttered the last sentence but he managed to hear it because he said "i'm sure she will. You're already thoughtful for getting her flowers, not to mention they're her favourites. Let me add to that, your also very handsome so I wish you the best, lad."
"Thank you so so much." I said gently taking the bouquet from him.
"That will be ₩31,700 (£20/$24)." little expensive, but never too expensive for a special someone. I payed and thanked him; "Thanks again, have a good one, bye!"
"No problem, good luck, ba-bye!" he said and I left and rushed back to y/n as fast yet as gently as I could so I don't fuck up the flowers.

I got there and spotted her waiting barefoot at the shore with her flip flops and hat next to her. I noticed it's a perfect scenary at this very moment, the sun's setting magestically, it's not too noisy, the sound of the waves and seagulls is calming, just perfect. I walked up behind her and tried to scare her;
"Boo!"
She jumped and turned her head to see my smiling face and said "don't scare me like that oppa!"
I giggled at her cuteness and said "I'm not making any promises."
She playfully rolled her eyes then I stood next to her. I even got the courage to put my arm around her to swiftly start off the confession (I was holding the flowers behind my back).
"The view's absolutely beautiful." she said taking pictures of the view.
"It sure is." I said, except I wasn't looking at the view.

I was looking at her.

She turned her head slightly and realised, then she got shy and covered her face "stop it, I'm getting butterflies!" she said, muffled by her hands.
"Come on, it's true! No need to be shy about it!" I reassured her. She uncovered her face and said "well thanks for the compliment."
"Anytime." I said. I decided then and there that it would be a great time to start. Keep in mind I still had the bouquet of flowers in my left hand behind my back, while I gently grabbed y/n's hand with my right hand and turned to face her as she did the same while I said "so y/n. there's something I've been meaning to tell you for the past couple days."

There's no turning back now.

"You caught my eye the second we met eachother. Please stop me now if you think I'm moving too fast or if you're feeling uncomfortable with this." she didn't say anything, that's good I guess. I continued "every single day, I fell for you even harder; your bubbliness, style, duality, absolutely everything. At first I thought I'd be moving too fast, thinking about confessing to you while we're here in Jeju, but there's something about you y/n, that makes you so special in my eyes. My point is... I really like you,    y/l/n y/n." I told her while pulling out the flowers and her eyes widened. She stayed silent for a while which.. didn't sound good.
"Please say something...you're making me nervous." I blurted out.
"S-sorry," she took the flowers "I'm just shocked. Hwang Hunjin, I like you too. I just didn't expect you to like me back at all." now it was my turn to be shocked.

She actually likes me back...

I'm so fucking happy right now, you have no idea.
"So does that mean I get to call you mine?"
I could see her facial expression change which made my heart end up in my throat but then she said "Hyunjin , I'd love that as much as you would, but I think we should give it some time. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that we both like eachother, but I think we should wait just a little more to get to know eachother just a little better and then, I promise we can make it happen." she smiled at me. I didn't disagree with what she said now that she mentions it.
"Okay, no pressure. Now that you mention it, I totally agree. Until then, friends?" I asked, holding out my pinkie.
"With.. a few benefits?" she mumbled holding her pinky out too, and we made our pinky promise. That is, until we become a couple.
"Thanks for the flowers by the way." she said sweetly.
"Of course. It's why I asked you for 'advice'."
"Aaahhhh, okay I see you." we laughed and then sat down in the sand. She placed her head on my shoulder and started "can I tell you something?"
"Mhm." I responded.
"I actually saw you at the airport in Seoul." she said.
"WHAT? How come I didn't? ahaha." I said.
"Yeah, and here's another thing. You actually look really similar to b/f/n's crush. They've also confessed to eachother, but they're not dating yet." she told me. Ha, just like us. "Here, look, I actually think you'll be surprised." she pulled out her phone and showed me a picture of b/f/n's crush.

I looked at it and-
"What- how?" I commented. He really does look super similar to me, just a little younger.
"Nishimura Riki, 16, and not that it matters but everyone calls him Ni-Ki." she said.
"He's Japanese?" I asked "yup" she said "so how did they meet?" I asked her.
"They're co-workers." she answered.
"Ah." was all I could say.
"Let me tell you a little secret." she said putting her phone away.
"Hit me." I said ready to listen carefully.
"I was actually feeling guilty about liking you because you look exactly like Ni-Ki and me and b/f/n have really similar taste in men so I thought she'd be mad. But then we had a talk and she told my dumbass the most obvious reasons for me to not feel guilty and I felt really dumb but yeah. Here we are now." and she smiled.
"Wow. All that matters is that we're at this stage now." I smiled back at her.
Her eyes are stunning. Especially in the sunset right now, they hold the universe. I was caught up in the moment until something popped into my head.
"Oh my God, you know what I'm boutta do?" I asked her (rhetorically).
"Hehe no, what?" she giggled. I just showed her by going into my contacts, searching for her name and changing it to "y/nieeee🥰" she got a little shy but also took her phone out and changed my contact name to "Hyunjiiin💙". I don't think this is the last time they're changing, I'll tell you that.

We sat there having conversations about countless topics until the clock reached 11pm.
"It's getting late, I think we should head back." I said.
"But I don't want to yeett." she complained.
"Hehe. Don't worry, we can arrange something ASAP." I reassured her.
"Alright then." she said as we were getting up. We started walking really slowly hoping to spend the little time we have left of eachother for the day sweetly.
"I'll take you to your hotel room." I told her.
"Oh, no you don't need to. I don't want to be a pain this late at night." she said.
"No, I insist. Come on, let's go." I said to which she had no choice but to let me take her.
We got in the lift and she pressed the button. It was just us two in there, as expected at this late time.
"So when should we meet again?" she asked.
"I don't know but I think we should do a get together with our siblings once too." I replied.
"Yeaaahhh, we should. Should we do our next one with them then?"
"Yeah, I don't see why not."
"I'll let you know when I'm free as I'm not sure yet." she said.
"Okay."
"You know what, I'll make a group chat later and then you can add Yeji and we'll talk about it on there." she said.
"Sounds like a plan." that's when the elevator 'dinged' and we stepped off.
We walked to her room and stopped infront of the beige door.
"Thanks for today oppa." she smiled.
"No, thank you." I said back. We hugged and then released. We then just stared at eachother and I did the most unexpected thing. I snuck a kiss on her cheek.

She went bright red and couldn't hold in her giggle. I also let out a giggle.

"I know I ask this a lot, but can I tell my siblings and friends? I tell them everything usually, they can be trusted, and if I don't, they usually notice." she asked me.
"Of course you can. If that's the case then yeah, go ahead." I smiled reassuringly "I think im'ma tell Yeji, Seungmin and Jeongin about it too." I said to her and she smiled back.
"Were not saying anything to our parents yet, right? Even though we're not dating yet, I wanna just wait until it actually happens." I said.
"Yeah, me too." she agreed.

"Well then bye, y/n/n. Good night." I ruffled her hair and then started walking away while still looking back and she said "Good night, oppa." and then I turned around and heard her door buzz which meant she'd unlocked it, and then I heard it shut. Man, today was one of the best days of my life.

word count: 1779