Chapter 1

It was an ordinary day when me and my partner went out on a run. We had no idea that it would go so wrong so fast and I didn’t help any either. God I wish I wasn’t so stupid, if I handn’t been so stupid then he would still be alive.

In a small police station was a young woman that sat at her desk as she filled out papers before she could go out on a police run with her partner. The young woman had dark brown skin and black hair that went down to her shoulder blades. She wore a police uniform with a badge with the name of the police station that she was in and a small vest to keep her safe along with a belt that had certain things that a police officer may need.

The woman sighed as she said in an annoyed voice, “Remind me why we have to wear these stupid vests again John.”

John’s desk sat next to the women's on the opposite side facing towards her desk and John quickly put the newspaper that he was reading onto the desk as he sighed while looking at her with the look of being annoyed.

John quickly said in annoyance, “You know the captain wants everyone to wear these just in case we get another attack like the last time. Remember, we were working and a bunch of thugs tried to take over the police station, Ash.”

Ash looked up at John for a second before looking back at her paperwork. John had pale whit skin and dark brown hair, he wore the same type of police uniform that Ash had. 

Ash sighed as she said while straightening the last few papers, “How could I forget, they practically destroyed the police station doing it, we had to rebuild the sealings and windows because of the grenade that they threw at us.”

Jon smiled as he said with a smile, “Yeah and we had a few injured cops and junior cops as well but thank god no one died.”

Ash quickly got up from her chair and said, “I need to drop these off at the captains desk and then we can go on our run.”

John watched as they walked out of their office and over to the captain's office that sat right next to their office room. Ash knocked on the brown, oac wood door three times and waited for someone to answer the door or tell her to come in.

The captain said through the door, “Come on in.”

Ash slowly opened the door and walked into the room while looking at the captain with a nervous look on her face. She had a tower of papers in her arms as she walked into the room slowly and shut the door with her foot once she was all the way into the room. The captain had white skin and brown hair with a few strands of white hair mixed in, he wore a police officer's uniform with a badge like Ash’s along with some metals. Once the captain was finished, he looked over at Ash with a smile on his face and he sighed in exhaustion.

Ash said nervously as she shifted her stance, “I am finished with the papers that you asked me to fill out, captain.”

The captain quickly said as he closed his eyes and laid  back into his chair, “Put them on my desk, I will do all of those tomorrow and you two be safe out there.”

Ash smiled as she walked up to his desk and placed them onto the desk where there was a small space that was clear of any stack of papers with an exhausted sigh as she said, “Thanks captain, We will and thanks again.”

The captain watched as Ash walked out the door silently before turning around with a smile and quickly walked out of the room while shutting the door behind her. She quickly walked back to her office to see John sitting at his desk with a bored look on his face.

John asked as he sat up, “Are we good to go?”

Ash smiled as she replied in a playful voice, “I am waiting for you."