Chapter 4

I never believed in gargoyles until now and I have to admit Zayn is pretty handsome but last I checked I am still a police officer of the law so that means I have to keep my emotions in check. I don’t know what my parents did in the past but I am not my parents.

The next day, Ash woke up late in the afternoon and for the first time she was excited for the day that was to come. She quickly hopped out of bed excitedly as if she was a child that was excited. Ash quickly got into her closet as she had a hard time deciding what she was going to wear.

Ash said to herself in annoyance as she sighed, “Come on Ash, it isn’t like you are going on a date.”

Three hours later, Ash pulled out a red, silk dress that was light as a feather and felt like a part of her own body but she had not put the dress on yet. 

Ash sighed as she quickly said, “Man, this black bra will show through the red dress. When I solve one problem another pops up, now what am I going to do?”

Suddenly an idea popped up in her head, she quickly threw the dress onto the bed and ran over to her dresser that sat against the wall by her bedroom door. She quickly pulled the third jore open to see that it was filled with different colored bras in the jore, Ash smiled as she slowly grabbed the red bra before closing the jore. Ash then got dressed quickly with a bright smile on her face and once she was finished, she walked into her living room as she closed the door behind her. She quickly sat on the couch while pulling a large chest from the side of the couch and quickly opened the chest to see that there were different colored shoes in the chest. 

Ash quickly said, “What the hell, I think red is a good color. Might as well go all out.”

She quickly grabbed the red high heels with straps onto her feet and then she walked back into her bedroom. Ash quickly grabbed a small belt with a gun holster connected to the belt and she quickly placed the belt onto her thigh a few inches above her left knee, she quickly grabbed her nine millimeter gun. Ash sighed as she put her gun into the holster and got up from her bed, she quickly walked out of her bedroom down to her living room to see that the sun was about to set.

Ash smiled as she said, “I better get going if I want to get there before the sun goes down.” 

She quickly grabbed her keys and walked out of her apartment and locked both locks on the door behind her before she went to her car. Ash quickly dove to the abandoned church and rushed up the stairs to the rooftop. Once she reached the top she saw that there were four gargoyle statues sitting on the rooftop by the edge of the balcony and the sun slowly started to set behind the mountains. Once the darkness covered the land Ash noticed the Fu-Dog started to move its wings and then the Fu-Dog yawned as it stretched as it woke from its slumber. Soon they other gargoyles did the same as color slowly filled their skin replacing the stone color as they turned to face Ash.

Ash smiled as she said, “Morning.”

Zayn smiled as he said, “Hi, I guess we better introduce ourselves.”

Rose quickly stepped forward as she said, “Hi, My name is Rose and I am the last female goblin that is alive.”

Luke quickly moved his right hand from side to side as he was saying hi as he said as he stopped waving his hand and pointed at the Fu-dog, “Luke and this is Fu short for Fu-Dog.”

Ash smiled as she said, “Hello, My name is Ash.”

There was a long moment of silence before Zayn asked, “I know you know who I am but that jurnal, is it yours?”

Ash slowly replied in confusion, “It belonged to my parents but I don’t know what they did in their spare time.”

Luke asked, “So you had no idea that they may have been hunters?”