And so it begins

(Rachel's POV)

So here I am, sitting in the living room after reading the letter that I received from Hogwarts. Dad has already sent my owl replying that I will be attending, even though I know he's just as concerned about me going as I am. Although he doesn't show it, I know he's nervous.
"Your rosary should work perfectly fine as long as you learn to keep your temper. It should help conceal your powers until you learn to control them by yourself." Father explained, his tone blunt.

Don't get me wrong. My dad is a very kind man. I love my dad, but that's the way he always is, he's a very serious man with an important job, and I wouldn't expect him to act any other way than the way he does.
"Yes, father, I will try my best to control myself," I replied softly.
Now you see, we come from a relatively wealthy family. We're technically purebloods. However, nobody other than my father knows that I am no longer entirely human. I'm a Vampire. I turned vampire anyway. Another vampire performed a ritual to bring me back from the dead after encountering a fatal accident. That would make me a half-blood, but what no one knew was that I was what you'd call a human-born pureblood. They're supposedly a very rare type of pureblood, born to a family of non-Vampires like mine. My saviour had no way of knowing that I was one. He was just as shocked as I was when I rose from the dead with glowing ruby eyes and pointed fangs similar to his own.

Because pureblood vampires are gifted with special powers, other vampires use them or marry into their families so that their offspring can inherit the abilities and benefit from the status. I was even told a legend that all pureblood lineages started with human-born vampires and slowly expanded into their own bloodlines. If that were true, I would develop my own unique ability that other purebloods didn't have because every blueblood had a signature ability linked to their family line. If two pureblood lines came together, the children would either inherit the maternal line's power or the paternal line's ability but never both. That explained why the brother's abilities were all over the place. Out of 6 boys, they had three different mothers. I believed their father was trying to mix his lines with as many other pureblood lines to see which of his children would inherit the most powerful ability.

"Good, now head upstairs and pack your bags."
My father said lovingly. At least he tried to sound loving. He kissed the top of my head, watching me head up the stairs to my room. I inwardly smiled because my father didn't display affection often, but it brought me so much joy when he did. I think he smiles at me more since he found out that I was 'special.' I skipped down the hall, humming a familiar tune. I passed my sister's room. Her door was slightly ajar, allowing me to get a view of her folding some clothes and packing them away in her trunk. This was my twin sister Ashley. Although we have identical features, such as our height, weight, facial features, and body structure, we're technically fraternal because we don't look alike. Ashley inherited our mother's blonde hair and green eyes, while I took after our father with raven black hair and icy blue eyes.

To be honest, I missed my sister. I know she'll be coming to Hogwarts with me, but I haven't been able to spend much time with her. Father keeps us separated a lot. He tells Ashley that I'm sickly when in reality, I'm struggling to keep my inner vampire hidden from her. Luckily, she was going on a trip with her friend's family to Italy, so I would have that time to myself. She'd be gone for roughly two weeks and hopefully be back before dad and I take a trip to Diagon Alley. Around this time, Father was placing the finishing charms on my rosary. It was a small bejewelled crucifix dangling from a leather choker, meant to serve as a barrier between myself and the blood-thirsty animal within me. At least, I hope it did.

Oh, and not that it matters, but I am the older twin. I'm also the naughty one and tend to be a little more open when meeting people, while Ashley is the shyer of the two, generally more focused on her studies. I'm the socialite like my mother, while Ashley is studious like my father. We both picked up his talent for potions and alchemy, though. Speaking of our mother, it's just too bad that she passed away when we were too young to remember her. Me and Ashley never really got to meet her. We were just babies.