The other

(No one's POV)

It was November 1st, a Wednesday to be exact. The great hall was filled with happily chatting students who'm had awoken not to long ago and were ready to start the day. The school and its students seemed to be in rather good spirits for having been attacked by a Mountain troll the night before but all was well...almost. Young Harry was sat at his house' table along with his good friends Ron and Hermione. It was apparent that Harry wasn't feeling well, something was bugging him. He barely touched his breakfast in fact he resorted to just picking at the food with his fork causing his two friends great concern. The two try to persuade Harry to eat but he quickly turns them down. Then suddenly, Professor Snape appears. He stops by Harry and wishes him luck on his quidditch match but his tone suggests that he was patronizing him, the three young wizards caught on to his tone and took it as a rather offensive gesture. The professor then leaves but not without walking or rather limping off inconspicuously which Harry once again notices and this time Hermione as well. They begin to ponder and question the Professors injury but were interrupted by someone clearing their throat gaining the Gryffindor trios attention.

(Rachel's POV)

After clearing my throat I received the trios full attention. Hermione offered me a small smile which I returned and Ron looked impassive. "Rachel!" Harry exclaimed in surprise. I took a seat next to him resting my elbow on the table and leaning my face onto it comfortably. "Hi" I replied cheekily. "What are you doing here?" He looked nervous as he gazed about his left and right as if checking for someone. "Don't worry about him, he's not here at the moment" I reassured him, I was referring to Draco and he knew it. "That doesn't really answer the question" Ron grumbled. "Well alright Mr. Pushy" I said defensively towards Ron's rather impatient comment. " I came to wish you luck in your match" I explained to Harry to which he gave me a weak smile in return. I frowned at this. 'It's not like him to look so glum, I hope he's alright' "Harry-" I started, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder only to be cut off by an owl screeching and dropping an oddly shaped package on the table in front of us. It was Hedwig, Harry's owl. "Bit early for mail isn't it?" Hermione pondered. 'Something tells me it's a broom' "I bet 5 Galleons that it's a broom" I declared. ""We're in"" Two identical voices sound from behind me. I turn to look back at the one and only Weasley twins. "So you don't think it's a broom?" I questioned them. They both give me cocky grins. ""No""

I watch intently as Harry opens the package, a satisfactory smile slithers across my lips when the item is finally revealed. "It's a broomstick!" Harry exclaims in awe. I look back to the dumbstruck twins and stuck out my hand at them with a 'Hand it over' gesture. "Pay up" They both murmured things like how unfair I was and I tricked them. "Not my fault you fell for it" I chuckled triumphantly. Fred whispered something to George which had I not had such advanced senses I wouldn't have been able to hear. "She's good, we could use her as a consultant for our merchandise" George nodded in agreement and Fred looked back to me readying himself to ask a question. "I'd be glad to" I replied without him even asking the question. "Alright then..." Fred trailed off. "In that case we'll be seeing you later" George waved me off with a sly wink and Fred followed. I turned back to the situation at hand. "But who...?" Harry questioned after Ron's comment about his new broom being a Nimbus 2000. I tapped Harry on the shoulder and pointed to the head table where Professor McGonagall sat casually stroking Hedwig. I noticed her gaze from here and recognized the pleased look on her face. It was a gift from her, how admirable.

"That's amazing Harry, with that broom you'll be the fastest player on the pitch, you're sure to win today" I said excitedly. "Aren't you cheering for Slytherin?" Ron questioned, venom dripping from the word Slytherin. My expression saddened. "Well yeah. That's why I came to wish you luck. I might be up in the Slytherin tower but in 'here' I'll be cheering for you" I told Harry pointing to my head. He gave me a crooked smile. "See Harry, you have a lot of people cheering you on, you'll be fine" Hermione said reassuringly. "Not to mention there's no one on my team that I really care for anyway, not until next year that is" I muttered that last part more to myself but I should've known that they all heard. "What about next year?" Harry asked curiously. I mentally face palmed for saying anything to begin with but there was no way out now. I scratched the back of my neck nervously while explaining what I had meant. "Well...Draco's trying out for the quidditch team next year and...so am I" I said timidly. "That's great Rachel!" Harry cheered excitedly but quickly corrected himself when he saw his two fellow friends gape. "I meant about you trying out next year, I could care less what Malfoy does" He spat that last part sourly. It really made me sad that the two people I considered good friends didn't get along at all, they were complete opposites.