The Eve (part 1)

Rachel's POV

Tonight was Christmas Eve and my family and I would be going to Draco's for his fathers' party. I originally thought I was going to miss the party because of Reiji's 'experiment' but he had decided that he wanted to attend and my father was delighted to hear that Reiji was coming along. Bad news for me. How was I supposed to introduce Reiji if they asked what relation he had to us? He obviously didn't look related to us and what was I supposed to say 'This is my creepy delusional soon to be Vampire husband...Reiji' Yeah, Cause I'm sure that would go over well. Not. "I still think it's unfair that Skylar can't come but Reiji can" Ashley huffed. I was starting to think she really had a crush on him. "Why do you want him to come so badly, he's almost as annoying as Reiji, I don't want two of them hanging around" I retorted. Ashley rolled her eyes as a maid helped lay out her dress for the party. "The Key word there being 'Almost' he isn't as insufferable as Reiji though" That had me rolling my eyes. "I know, it's because he's from your house" I said honestly. "Why am I going then? I'm gonna be miserable. Stuck with a bunch of Slytherins and stuck up rich people" She groaned.

"Hey, we're supposed to be those 'stuck up rich people' just for tonight anyways. Try to enjoy yourself and help me keep an eye on Reiji, I don't trust him to behave himself tonight" Ashley tsk'd at my request but complied anyway. "Did you get Draco's gift?" "Yes, it's downstairs in the lobby" I replied. "What is it?" She queried. "A beginner's Alchemy set, complete with a beginner's guide" Ashley 'Ooo'd' "You think he's gonna like it?" I gave her a blank look. "No, I think he'll hate that's why I bought it for him" I said sarcastically. Ashley put her hands up defensively. "Okay, chill....What'd you get Reiji?" She continued. I froze. Ashley noticed the look on my face and gasped. "You didn't get him anything?" I began to stutter. "W-Well the Sakamaki's never really celebrated Christmas like the rest of us, p-plus Reiji can't appreciate material things like presents he doesn't see the sentiment in giving gifts" I reasoned. She gave me a sympathetic look. "How sad" "Oh don't go feeling all sad for him, he killed his own mother, he's a psychopath" I chastised her. "OH MY GOD!" She exclaimed in shock. The maids jumped at the sudden outburst. "Young Miss, your language" One maid scolded. Ashley shrunk back at being called out for her unladylike behaviour. The other maid then ushered me to my room so that she could begin preparing me for the party and so that Ashley could finish getting ready as well.

"What do you think, Young Mistress, this one?" I wasn't paying any attention so I simply waved off her selection. She began shifting through my wardrobe picking out different dresses and showing them to me. I was thinking about how tonight was going to go down, I was beginning to feel nervous about having Reiji around knowing just how unpredictable he was. The maid seemingly noticed how distracted I was and decided to give up trying to get my approval. I didn't even think to question her when she left the room with two dresses in her arms. She came back shortly and laid one of the dresses down on the bed beside me. "Here young mistress please put this one on" She instructed politely. I glanced down at the dress then back up at the maid. "Why this one?" The maid sighed lightly. "It's been chosen for you now hurry there isn't much time left, we must do your hair" The urgency in her voice told me I best not to question the matter further. I undressed and was helped into the lacy mint-teal dress.

 I undressed and was helped into the lacy mint-teal dress