To the rescue

(Draco's POV)

'Where is she already? If she doesn't get here in 2 minutes she'll be late' I internally panicked as I repeatedly searched for Rachel among the students in the classroom. Nothing, she wasn't here yet, where could she be? "Dracy-poo what's wrong?" Parkinson's annoyingly high pitched voice questioned, she had started to draw circles on my left arm flirtatiously as I continued to gaze hopefully at the classroom door awaiting for Rachel's arrival. My concentration was broken when I realized what she'd called me 'Dracy-poo? What in Merlin's name-' My thoughts were interrupted suddenly by the sound of multiple quickly paced footsteps running down the hall accompanied by the sound of students heavily breathing. I wasn't surprised to see Rachel enter the room but I was surprised to see Zabini enter immediately after her,they both let out a sign of relief as they concluded that they were right on time for class. "We made it" Rachel managed breathlessly with a triumphant smile, she was leaning on Zabini slightly in attempt to catch her breath, it seemed that they were both in need of air.

I had decided early this morning that I wanted to apologize to Rachel for what I said to her, I never meant to upset her and never meant for it to get out of hand I just wanted her to stay close to me, instead I managed to push her even further away. Iv'e been putting it off because of my particularly bad mood and it was mostly because I kept seeing Rachel with Zabini and they were always laughing and chatting, she barely even looks at me, it's as if she doesn't even notice me. I have to make it up to her and get Zabini away from her, I knew from the start he'd been giving her much of his attention and I don't like that she's giving him most of hers as well. There's no way I'm letting Zabini replace me! I got up from my seat much to Parkinson's dismay and questioning, I ignored her and swiftly and confidently approached Rachel and Zabini as they make their way to two empty seats. They don't notice me walk up behind them but when I come to a stop I clear my throat to get their attention, it works and they both turn to look at me. Zabini rolled his eyes absentmindedly. 'I'll remember that. Just wait till my father hears about this' I thought to myself as I held back a smirk. I look back to Rachel who had a slight look of shock and curiousness, she must have been wondering about what I had to say.

"I have something I'd like to say" I informed her blatantly. "Yes?" She pressed wanting me to spit it out already. I glanced back at Zabini who was eyeing me intently. I scowled slightly, the last thing I wanted was for Zabini to witness me stumbled over my words like an idiot as I attempt to apologize to Rachel.. "I'd like to speak with you alone if that's alright" I stated firmly. She gave me a questioning look and turned to look at Zabini as if in confirmation. "Fine" She let out in a sigh. "But it's gonna have to wait until after class because here comes professor Binns" She pointed to the oncoming well known ghostly professor. Rachel sat down and I went to sit with her only for Zabini to slide into the seat next to hers. I glared at him and he returned a smug grin, Rachel didn't seem to notice our exchange of glances. I grumbled as I went to take my seat back next to Pansy, she smiled up at me when I returned. "What was that about, Dracy?" She asked in an annoyingly high pitched tone. 'None of your dang business!' Is what I wanted to say but only ended up calmly saying, "It's nothing don't worry about it" I knew that Pansy hated Rachel it was easy to tell. How? Well, it's obvious that Pansy has a thing for me so it's only natural for her to hate any girl I give attention to that isn't her.

(Rachel's POV)

History of Magic seemed to drag on forever, it wouldn't have been terrible if the subject was actually interesting but it wasn't. I still payed attention and took notes, I'd probably being going over them with Hermione. Oh Hermione~ I feel absolutely dreadful for not socializing with the trio, I just can't afford to disappoint my father. My father~ I haven't written to him since I started here, I should probably do that. I wonder if Ashley's written to him yet? I was tapped lightly on my shoulder as I walked down the hall. I was by myself after Blaise had run off to the bathroom, he said he'd meet me in the library for spare. I was going to start helping him with his History of Magic homework early just in case we didn't have enough time to finish it in only the 2 hours we had later this evening. Back to the current situation at hand. I turned around swiftly and was met with platinum blond hair and beautiful grey eyes. Draco. "Can we talk now?" His voice was calm but I can tell he was nervous, his hands were in his pockets and he seemed to be shifting around on his feet a lot. "Sure, I'm headed towards the library, we can walk and talk" I said simply.