The Eve (Part 2)

Previously on A Vampire at Hogwarts...

"Ahh~ Dr Leonard Church, it's delightful to see you" 

"And who might this be? I don't believe we've met"   "Ah yes, this is Reiji Sakamaki, the son of my friend Tougo, who's a prominent figure on the Wizarding Council in Japan"  "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr Sakamaki"  "Likewise"  

"Father?-oh Rachel!"   "Draco. Narcissa, Love, this is Reiji Sakamaki, a Potions student of Dr Church. He's very bright for his age"

"Anata no tomodachi wa bakadesu (Your friend is an idiot)"  "Sono yōna koto wa iwanaide kudasai (Don't say those kinds of things)"

"Where are you going?"  "Yane o mitsukeru ni wa (To find the roof)"

Now on A Vampire at Hogwarts...

(Rachel's POV)

I had no doubt that Reiji had gone to find the roof but I knew he wasn't planning to actually throw Draco off of it, he just wanted some time alone to think. He was probably scheming how he could torture me later. It was hard not to think about it but I had to put the uneasy feeling behind me so that I could focus on the more important matter. There were things going on around me as we speak. I followed Draco around the large room crowded full of other witches and wizards, I didn't feel like getting lost in the sea of people. Shortly after we brushed past some adults I spotted some familiar faces. There were a bunch of other Slytherin students that I recognized from different years but their names I couldn't bother to remember. A few particular students that I recognized didn't need remembering. They were my classmates. "Hey Rachel, wow you look nice!" Blaise Zabini complimented. I smiled bashfully, fake acting flattered. I know it's a social thing but I honestly didn't need to be told I looked nice. I knew that already, do you think I would've left my house if I didn't look decent? Plus Reiji would've said something insulting by now, trust me. He probably would've compared me to one of his lab rats. Classic Reiji making ladies feel good about themselves...NOT.

"Thanks" I mumbled under my fake blush. Yeah, I can fake blush I just think about something that actually does fluster me. Reiji's older brother Shuu ruffling my hair and smiling at me like the golden prince he is. Don't tell Reiji though. And on a not so good note there was Pansy Parkinson here as well and she didn't look happy to see me. She was wearing a really ugly ruffled dress that looked as if someone threw up on a cupcake. She looked like a circus dog in a tutu and by the look on Draco's face he must've thought so too. I decided to ignore her by chatting up Blaise. "How was your break so far?" I inquired politely. It was only expected of me to do so, ya know. "Ah, not too exciting I just hang out at home, spend some time in the backyard-" "-That sounds so exciting, tell me more" I faked looking shocked. Note the obvious sarcasm in my voice. "Okay okay. Well I said not much" he defended. "How about you?" He questioned. As I told him a bit about my boring vacation I managed to pick up on Pany's conversation with Draco. And Yes, I can multitask like that.

"Why is she here!?" Pansy whisper yelled in frustration. I heard Draco groan, obviously not wanting to explain that I was probably more wanted here than her but he chose the 'polite' route to go on. "She's a friend and her father is important to my father, she's pureblood and...why wouldn't I want her here!?" He finished slightly irritated. "Because she's obviously attentions seeking" 'Wait hold up! What did she just say about me?!' I'm about to throw down, somebody hold me back. Ashley get Reiji! And ask him if he found the roof yet.
"No she's not, Parkinson, you're being mental" Draco rationalized calmly. "Hello~?" A hand was suddenly being waved in front of my face bringing me back to Blaise and I's conversation. I hadn't realized that I had stopped engaging him and had put all of my focus on Draco's and Pansy's conversation. "What's wrong?" He chuckled obviously amused by my less than satisfactory expression. "She said I was attention-seeking" I complained with a small pout. Blaise must've found it funny because he chuckled and folded his arms against his suit-clad chest as he peered over at Pansy whining to Draco. "Did she?" He said quirking an eyebrow and raising his tone slightly. "Well she's always saying stuff..." Then he paused to think for a moment before continuing. "...mostly about you but don't worry, if I don't believe it he won't buy it either" Blaise reassured me.