Plans

A.N: This is what 11-year-old Rachel looks like without her alter ego (The scary one)

Rachel's POV
A few days after the forest incident I found myself being summoned. 'The headmaster's office' I mentally repeated thinking about the letter Castiel had brought me this morning. I let out a shaky breath wondering what could have warranted this visit so suddenly. I served detention so I couldn't be in trouble, could I? I hesitated outside the entrance out of nervousness.. 'Why am I sweating? You haven't done anything calm down or he'll suspect something' I mentally scolded.

"Be cool" I told myself. "Ah there you are, I was beginning to wonder..." A soothingly calm voice spoke. I whipped my head to find Professor Dumbledore standing in the entrance. I opened my mouth to stammer a reply but the bearded professor only smiled in return offering me a knowing look. "Don't be shy now, Ms. Church, care to join me for tea?" I outwardly sighed. "Thank you, professor"

I followed him up the winding stairs guarded by a normally motionless statue. Once inside he offered me a seat in an antique style chair positioned in front of his desk. A flick of his hand sent a floating tray containing two teacups and a single pot in our direction closely followed by a smaller tray of with milk and sugar on it. I merely observed quietly as tea was poured magically into a teacup and placed in front of me. I stared at the steaming liquid tentatively before reaching for some sugar and adding it to the ginger smelling liquid.

"Ginger tea, Sir?" I absentmindedly questioned. The old professor smiled under his half-moon glasses. "It is good for many ailments and is soothing if nothing else" He replied informatively. I nodded slowly. "Are you feeling ill professor?" I wondered, a slight tinge of concern. "Not at all dear child, I'm a picture of health, wouldn't you say?" He replied winking playfully. I chuckled softly. "Of course, professor, at this rate you may outlive even me" I joked casually. "I can hardly see that happening but in any case, I wanted to know how you were doing"  "Professor Snape says I'm making progress...although he also says I'm an ungrateful brat who's been over-pampered for too long. Professor McGonagall says pretty much the opposite. She says I have too much raw talent but I don't apply myself well enough, she says I don't value my capabilities. But she also says she doesn't blame me, my mother was the exact same way"

I waited for Dumbledore's response after I had finished talking. He hummed as he nodded, processing the information. "I believe Severus's words are purely meant to benefit you, Ms. Church, I'm sure he had not intended to insult you in any way" I gave him a confused look. "I'm not insulted professor, he's right I am a spoiled child but that's only the half of it" I admitted almost proudly. I sipped my tea gracefully, minding my manners as Dumbledore formulated his response.

"Aside from lessons, how are you in other aspects? Have you recovered fully from your illness over the holidays?" To say I was taken aback by his question was an understatement. I wasn't sure why he was concerned about me that much. I highly doubted that he treated any other student in this school with such courtesy and care. It was to the point where I wondered if he was getting something out of watching over me. Did the Sakimaki's have anything to do with this? "Ah, I see you are skeptical of me. I assure you, Ms. Church, that as headmaster the well-being of all of my students is top priority" I didn't respond I merely stared at him not quite sure how to answer his question for I myself didn't really know the answer he was looking for.

"I understand that you encountered something during detention a few nights previous. Is there anything you wish to tell me? Anything at all?" I gently placed down my teacup suddenly not thirsty anymore. My hands move from the table to my lap nervously fiddling together in the fabric of my robes. 'Should I tell him or not?' I wondered. 'If he's asking he probably already knows. If that's true then why is he asking right now? Probably trying to see whether I'll be honest or not' I argued mentally. "As your headmaster I want you to feel that you can come to me if you ever need anything. I offer advice to all of my students judgment-free" "Of course Professor" I replied blankly. Professor Dumbledore's expression faltered for a moment looking as though he didn't buy my response.