A Holiday Nightmare

(A.N: Just pretend ^he wears glasses)

Rachel's POV

Not even 2 days after arriving home  I was panicking. I dreaded Reiji's arrival...and it was supposed to be today. Skylar had been avoiding me and sticking to Ashley claiming that he didn't dare want his scent anywhere near me when Reiji arrived. Reiji could be cruel, cynical, sadistic and most definitely possessive, but would he really lash out at his own cousin? I actually wasn't sure, I didn't know their relationship. For crying out loud, Reiji couldn't even get along with his own brothers. I knew this visit was gonna be stressful for me. Ashley tried to reassure me that Reiji couldn't do me any harm while he was here because our father wouldn't have any of it but I wasn't concerned about that, Reiji was never really physical with me, to begin with, he mentally tortured me. It all starts with the rules that he sets and the punishments you'd get if you didn't follow them, he'd ridicule you if you didn't do something to fit his expectation. It was all so frustrating but then...when you least expect it, he does something that makes up for it all, he melts your heart away with the sweetest gesture...I hate it! How can he make me forgive him so easily?! Curse his vampiric charm. 

The worst thing about Reiji visiting is that I couldn't invite any of my friends over. Any boy that I invited over surely wouldn't survive 10 minutes in my house and the only female friend that I desired to invite over was Hermione. Unfortunately, Hermione was smart, I had a feeling Reiji would carelessly expose himself in front of her...or make her his lunch, I wanted neither of those to happen. "Papa!~" I called out as I descended the large staircase headed towards my father's study. Normally his door was kept open and he heard me when I called but this time there was no response. "Papa?!" I repeated making my way to the open doors of his study. When I peeked in to see if he was there I noticed his office chair was spun around to face the large window. I saw a foot resting casually across the person's thigh. Nice dress shoes and dress pants were all I could make out. "Papa?" I asked questioningly. "Amari nai (Not quite)" A familiar voice spoke, their Japanese sliding smoothly off their tongue as they spun around in the chair suddenly. I was met with the familiar face of the handsome yet mysterious 12-year-old boy. It might have only been 5 months since I saw him last but I swear he had gotten more attractive. You might be questioning how I mistook a 12-year-old for my father but I honestly wasn't paying attention. "Reiji?" I said almost questioningly even though I knew it was him, there was no doubt, but I had said it anyway.

"Sore wa shibaraku shite inaidesu ka? (It's been a while hasn't it?)" He said with a faint smirk, unfolding his crossed arms only briefly to fix the sleeves of his dress shirt. Reiji might have been 12 and yes, the both of us had yet to "Mature" but his tone and choice of words were beyond that, he was smart that was for sure and you could never find him at a loss for words. And with this came the intimidation I felt when he spoke to me, his voice was usually teasing, belittling, snide or seemingly uninterested, it was a good combination for a dominate being but I didn't enjoy being pushed around by him that way. I somehow found myself able to roll my eyes and groan turning my attention to the exit. "Papa!" I yelled out once more this time in desperation and a mixture of irritation. 'Did my father know Reiji had arrived? I guess we'd find out soon' "Nani? Īe 'kon'nichiwa' ka 'sore wa anata o mite yoidesu ka? (What? No 'Hello' or 'it's good to see you'?)" He voiced smoothly raising an eyebrow at me. I knew this look, this was the look he gave when he was amused by the situation, he enjoyed my irritated responses. "Hanareru! (Leave!)" I commanded coldly. Reiji frowned at my less than subtle response. "Shitsureidesu ne. Watashi wa anata ni manā o oshiete kuremashita...Rachel. (How rude. I taught you manners better than that...Rachel)" I couldn't help but gulp as he stared through me intensely, his bright red eyes were intimidating and the fact that he used the English pronunciation of my name instead of the Japanese one demonstrated his ability to manipulate me simply by using words alone.