Nicholas Flamel?

Rachel's POV

Having Reiji around was proving to be more bothersome than I originally thought. It had been a week since he arrived from Japan, and he's been nothing but a pain in my arse.
Although it would appear only I saw him this way. According to my father, Reiji was a "Splendid, bright young man."

Has my father forgotten that Reiji is a vampire? Or perhaps he simply isn't bothered by it. Who knows.

In the short amount of time that Reiji had been here, he seemed to have made himself comfortable.

How can I tell?

Simple.

He was teleporting all over the place like it was nobody's business. It's gotten to the point that I was on edge in my own home.

I'd leave my room to go do something, turn around, having forgotten something, 10 steps later I'm back in my room and 'poof' he's there, sitting on my bed casually as if he's been there, to begin with.

As another example, I'd drop something, bend over to pick it up, and when I stand back up again, he's standing in front of me.

The worst is when I'd be in the library reading or writing a letter to my friends. All of a sudden, he's there, behind me, reading over my shoulder. This exact thing happened the other day.

*Flashback to yesterday afternoon*

I let out a small sigh, flipping to the next page of the book I was reading. Newt Scamander's 'Fantastic Beasts and where to find them.' It had been a gift from a distant Aunt.
I ignored the sound of someone entering the library. The house maids rushed in and around the house all day, cleaning and tending to things, so this wasn't out of the ordinary.
"Young Miss?" one of the maids addressed me. Her tone was soft, like jingling bells. It was Avianca, the head maid. She always tended to our post, distributing and forwarding letters and things of the sort.

I inclined my head toward her, not even glancing in her direction. I was too engrossed in reading about Sphinx and their love for riddles.
'I should work on my riddle-solving skills just in case I run into a Spinx. You never know,' I thought.

"Letters have arrived for you, Miss," Avianca states, holding up two envelopes in her hand.

I gestured for the letters, and Avianca followed, stepping forward and placing them in my hand. I thank her, dismissing her. She offered me a brief curtsy before exiting the library and leaving me to my own devices.

Sliding a bookmark into the page I was reading, I shut my book, moving it from my lap onto the tea table in front of me. I allow my eyes to skim over the letters in my hand. There was one addressed from Harry and one From Draco.

Harry's envelope was simple, small, white, and smelt of manufactured glue. It read;

Dear Rachel,

I hope you made it home safely and are enjoying your time back home with your family.
It's been rather quiet here. I mean, it's nice not having classes, but I sometimes wish I had someone other than Ron to talk to. I hope that didn't sound mean, I swear it wasn't meant to be.

Anyway, Ron and I haven't found anything in the library about Nicholas Flamel. We haven't checked the restricted section yet, but we're going to, don't tell anyone, though.
Oh, I almost forgot! I've sent your Christmas gift in the post, hopefully, it gets there on time. I just wanted to wish you a Happy Christmas, and I look forward to seeing you back at school soon.
Tell Ashley I said Hello.

Sincerely,

Harry Potter

P.S. Ron says Hi