Tips and pointers

(A.N: This is supposed to be Skyler, I know he looks older than 11...just pretend)

(Rachel's POV)

Who knew having lunch would be this difficult, then again I don't know why I expected my sudden disappearance after breakfast to go on noticed.
"Where were you Rachel? We haven't seen you since breakfast"
Blaise asked getting straight to the point after we all sat down in our usual places at the Slytherin table. Blaise was sitting on my right, Draco to my left, Gregory (Goyle) sitting directly across from me, and Vincent (Crabbe) sitting to his right and across from Draco. I inwardly sighed before answering with the rehearsed line I was told to tell if anyone were to dare ask the question.
"I'm taking extra classes on Fridays" I used a cheerful smile in an attempt to reassure the four boys. I didn't want to go into detail if I didn't have to. "Oh? What classes are you taking?"
Gregory questioned curiously then taking a bite of the turkey leg that sat on his plate. 'And~now I have to go into detail' "I'm taking elemental magic classes and some theory classes it's rather advanced stuff, my father requested it" They all display looks of shocking admiration and some of disbelief. "Woah~ elemental magic but that's a fourth years class. How did you manage to get into that?" Vincent exclaimed his eyes and was bugging out of his head at how shocked he was. I was about to speak again when Draco piped in. "You idiot, she just told you her father requested it! Your father must be a pretty powerful man in order to get the school to allow you to take fourth year classes" Said Draco as he stared into my icy blue eyes with his own piercing gray ones. A blush quickly formed on my face and I attempted to hide it by looking down and changing the subject.
"So~ what are your guy's plans for this weekend? Doing anything fun?" Nervously scratched the back my neck as I questioned them. They all just seem to shrug off the fact that I totally change the subject. "Not much just gonna do some hanging maybe pick on a few Gryffindors" Blaise reply bluntly. I elbowed his side in response to his comment to which he just laughed. "Hey don't be so rough" He fake whined attempting to pout cutely. I simply rolled my eyes.

After lunch it was time for me to return to my classes thus making my way back up to the sixth floor where professor McGonagall would be waiting. I got there just in time for my next class to start and she was already waiting for me as I had predicted. "Welcome dear. Today I'm going to be testing you and your ability to control your magic so be ready"
I nodded in confirmation walking closer to her in order for her to start her lesson. "The rosary dear, you won't be needing it" She informed me. I looked at her as if she was crazy, does she know what can happen if I'm not wearing the rosary? Bad things, many bad things. "Professor, I don't think that's a good idea" I informed her nervously. She tutted me in response. "There is no need to fret, dear. We here at Hogwarts specialize in teaching students to control their magic abilities, you are no different" She stated nonchalantly. I hesitantly reached up to clasp the bindings of my rosary, once un-clipped I set it down gently on a near by side table which was positioned next to the sofa's I had been seated on previously. My hands were shaking, I was generally scared that I'd hurt someone with my powers. I remember my father telling me that if I couldn't learn to control them that he'd have no choice but to lock me up. This wasn't because he was cruel because he really wasn't, it was because I could severely injure someone or worse kill them. I had no intention of doing so. "Calm down, child" Professor McGonagall mused. I nodded curtly and began taking deep calming breaths. Once I had visibly relaxed the professor spoke again. "Now, let's start by telling me the sorts of powers you posses. Once I've narrowed down your abilities I can assist you in discovering what triggers them"

I thought for a brief moment, it wasn't a very long moment because I knew very well what most of my powers consisted of. "I have some issues regarding the Full moon-" The sound of her short chuckle interrupted me suddenly. I quirked an eyebrow at her in confusion. 'Why was she laughing at me?' "We had a student some time ago with similar issues regarding the Full moon, I assure you that if it comes down to it we can offer you the same accommodations that we offered him" I immediately understood what she was referring to. As far as I know, Hogwarts had never accommodated for a vampire before, strangely enough now they had two, only one that they knew of. "Are you comparing my predicament to that of a werewolf's?" I hissed lowly, a flash of red clouding my vision momentarily. I quickly shook off a violent thought that appeared in my head. She looked taken aback by my tone, she frowned. "No Ms. Church, you're far from that of a werewolf. I think you know that a werewolf has no control over their actions once effected by the Full moon, you on the other hand I believe have control" I noticed how carefully she chose her words from that point on, she was afraid to upset me. I had given her a glimpse of my inner beast. "Excuse my interruption, please continue"