[2]

"Мисс Эвелин, ваше платье прибыло в вашу спальню." One of our maids said.

(Miss Evelyn, your dress has arrived in your bedroom)

"Спасибо пойду получать." I respond

(Thank you, I will go get it.)

Today is the ball. I'm a little nervous, just little to meet the italian don.

Me and Alek have been spending most of our time together this week and done things we never did together.

Father was actually surprised I finally bounded properly with my little brother.

When I entered my bedroom, a beautiful long black dress was placed on my bed with a slit all the way up to my tight and a V neck.

I absolutely adored it.

I trace the fabric with my fingers and feel the soft material.

This Enzo has good taste.

I was too blinded by the dress that I didn't see the little note it was left with.

I pick it up and open it.

Dear Evelyn,

I hope you will like the dress I have chosen for you and I would like to let you know that we leave for Italy tonight after the ball. I hope that won't be a problem.

With pleasure,
Enzo De Luca

The note has been written by hand, and if this is his writting it is indeed beautiful.

He does like formal things, doesn't he? It's a shame I like chaos more.

I smirk and try the dress on.

It fits perfectly, like it was made for me. And maybe it was. I can't underestimate him.

I sit at the makeup table doing my makeup for tonight.

I apply some red lipstick on my lips and do an eyeliner.

I straighten my hair and let it fall on my shoulders. Even though I love my wavy hair on events, I prefer having it straight.

Of course, I can't forget of my favorite necklaces that I always wear to important events.

It's a little knife indicating the way I kill my victims, silencing them. I love it. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm sane. I love blood too much.

I put my black high heels on and take my purse, and I head downstairs.

I don't bother to take any weapon because we aren't allowed with any, and I can handle myself just fine.

"You look beautiful,sister," Alek says, eyeing me up and down.

"How nice of you to finally give me a compliment," I smile "tonight I go to Italy, so this is the last time we see each other."

I can see the sadness building up on his face at my words, "I hate to admit it, but I will miss you, big sis."

"Come here." I open my arms, and we hug each other for a good long minute before backing away. "I'll miss you too. Goodbye Alek"

And for some reason, this feels like a forever goodbye.

"Goodbye, Evelyn."

I walk out the front door and I feel the strange feeling in my stomach every time I leave my home but now I know it will be for good.

I enter in the black SUV, and the driver takes me to the ball.

Father didn't even bother to see me one last time. I should have expected it, but it still hurt.

I shake any other feelings off and put on my facade.

In public, I am The Silenced Woman, and I will show no emotion to my enemies, and they are plenty.

Once I arrive at the location, I thank the driver and keep my straight, emotionless face as I enter the building.

When I place my first foot in the ballroom, everyone eyes snap to me, whispering things about me.

I ignore them and head to the bar.

Enzo didn't tell me where to meet, so I assume he will come find me. There's no way i will go to search for him.

I know how he looks like, he's all over the news in Italy. He is not only the Don of the Italian Mafia but also the CEO of the De Luca industries. A very well-known company in Italy.

I must admit he is looking quite...good.

"Vodka," I order from the bartender. This time, I hid my Russian accent. I don't like when strangers hear my native accent.

He hands me the drink and I shot it and slam it gently back on the counter.

My eyes scan all of the people from this ball. I met a few of them in previous missions, and some of them are friends with my father, and it happened to meet them at meetings, but some I don't even know at all.

"Evelyn?" I hear a voice from my right. I turn my head in that direction, and here he is. Enzo De Luca in flesh and bone. I smirk.

"Enzo." I shake his hand, and our hands fit perfectly together.

"So this is the famous Silenced Woman?" He asks, also getting a drink.

"Yes. She's right in front of you, " I say with a smirk. "I heard great things about you, Enzo De Luca."

"Oh? What did you hear?" He said, his eyebrows raise as he takes a sip of his drink.

"That you have a good observation. Is that true?" I don't know how much to believe that. I hardly believe he can memorise so much information with only a glance.

"Yes, it is."

"Then, did you see the two Mexican men from the other side of the ball room carrying guns with them?" I say, bringing a glass of wine to my lips.

He looks in the direction I described him with furrowed brows. "You are right. I didn't see them, " so I was right. It might be just rumors. Fools.

"I think they may cause some trouble tonight. We should stay away from them. "

"I agree." he nods.

I rest my elbow on the bar, leaning into Enzo's direction. His gaze was on me, studying my every move.

"Did you bring your things?" He asked, refering to our leaving.

"No. I expect you to already have bought clothes for me and have them in my future room."

"You have a lot of expectations, Evelyn,"

"I have, after all you took me from my home. Isn't that the minimum you could do?"

He nods. "I already had prepared everything for you."

"Wonderful"