[4]

We enter the black jet and I take a seat at the window.

The pilot announced that we will take off soon.

Enzo came to sit right beside me when he could choose any other seat from this luxurious jet.

We take off, and I begin to fidget with my necklace one again and look out at the beautiful sight out of the small circled shaped window.

"Are you afraid of flying?" Enzo asks, making me turn to him.

"Why?"

"You play with your necklace," He says, pointing with his eyes at my hand around the necklace. I take my hand away and place it on my lap.

"I'm not- okay, I do, but I am not afraid of flying. I just have a bad memory of flying. Nothing I can't handle." I say truthfully

"Would you like to tell me about it?" He asks softly.

I chuckle. "Why do you care? If you think I won't be able to do my job properly because of that little experience, then you are awfully wrong."

"That's not why I am asking Evelyn. I thought you might want to take it off your chest. I know the feeling very well."

"Then I don't want to talk about it, it's personal." He can't act like we're besties.

He nods and goes on his phone and acts like this conversation didn't had place and I am glad.

The last time I flew was two years ago for a mission in Frace, and the plane crashed.

Little did I care about my life, but when Rori died, my heart shattered.

Rori was my girlfriend at that moment and I loved her, we were happy together. She was the sniper of the team, but unfortunately, she was killed in the crash.

I moved on. I know she would have wanted me to. She knew the risks of our jobs, and we took the risk. We became each others weaknesses and strengths at the same time.

"You remember the two guys armed from the ball?" Enzo asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes. What about them?" I furrow my eyes as Enzo shows me his phone. "There was an attack?"

"Yes. They attacked after minutes we left, and many died, including the host." Ah, that's unfortunate. I actually knew the host. We had a few encounters. As well as a night in the club, just the two of us and some cuffs.

"We got lucky," I state. "Do we know the reason?"

"No, they left no trace."

I nod. It's not my problem anymore.

I felt my eye lids get heavier by second, my forehead resting on the window.

And I don't even realise when I drift into the darkness.

~

"Evelyn, wake up." I hear a man's voice so close to me, making me snap my eyes open and flinch slightly at his touch on my shoulder.

I relax when I see it's Enzo.

I shouldn't relax. I have never been so vulnerable around someone I don't know, and I must admit it's scary.

"We landed. Are you okay?" He asks, scanning my face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go. " I get to my feet, and we exit the jet.

It's already morning, the sun shining on the cloudless sky.

I squirm my eyes at the light. I have to buy sunglasses.