[6]

I knock on Roman's door, and I don't hear any response. Doesn't he hear me?

I open the door and see Roman on the floor with the laptop in his lap, concentrating on something.

I clear my throat, and he looks up at me, kind of surprised I was there. " I knocked, but you didn't hear." I clarified."What did you want to talk about?"

"Yes, sorry. Is this correct?" He asks, turning the laptop towards me. I sit down on the floor so I can get a better look at what he is showing to me.

"What is this?" I ask, seeing that my name is there, followed by information about myself.

"Enzo asked me to do research on you and your history so the ceremony papers can be done, but I can't seem to find something." I furrow looking up at him to see that he was already looking at me.

"What can't you find?" I ask. I look over the information once again. That's pretty much it.

"I can't find anything about your mother. She isn't registered on Lakov's name nor another."

"That's because she is dead," I lie. I can't have anyone know where she is or else she could be in danger.

He looks at me for a long moment before nodding and turning the laptop back to him, typing something in.

He must know I am lying because even if you are dead you are in the date base as deceased but he decided to not question me further and I am grateful because it would be a waste of time.

"Can I go now?" I ask

For a second, I thought he was going to say something else, but he stopped himself and nodded again. "Yes and close the door behind you."

"Okay." I stand up and walk towards the door."But I have a question. "

"What's that?"He asks, looking at me.

"Why do Matteo and Angelo argue all the time?" He looks relieved as if he thought I was going to ask him something else, maybe about his hearing.

"They are brothers. There is no particular reason. Angelo just loves to annoy Matteo."

"I should have figured." I grab the door knob "I'll see you later."

"Yeah, see you later," He says in an awkward voice.

~

I go in my room to have a moment of peace and silence. Roman is lucky he can stop his hearing every time Matteo and Angelo yell at each other. It gave me a migraine.

I lay on my back on the bed, looking at the celling.

I want to kill someone - no torture them.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair, untangling it.

It's night, and in a few minutes, I have to go down for dinner and hear to Matteo's and Angelo's fights again.

There's a light knock on my door and tell them to come in.

Enzo walks through the door, looking at me lying on the bed. "Are you okay?" He asks, coming closer and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, just my head hurts because of Matteo and Angelo, but it will go away eventually." I  sit up."Why did you come here?"

"I wanted to tell you to come down for dinner  but if you want to rest-"

"No, I will come." I stand up, and he does the same.

As we walk towards the kitchen, Enzo asks, "Why did Roman want to talk to you?"

"He needed some information about the research you made him do about me and he couldn't find it."

He nods his head. "What did you think he wanted? You looked a little tense when I went to him. "

"I was not. I was just curious"

"If that's what you say."

We sat at the dinner table and saw that Roman was already here. I think this is the first time I see him without his laptop around.

His black hair falls into his face,almost hiding those hazel eyes.

Enzo is sitting at the head of the table while I am at his right and Roman right in front of me.

Matteo and Angelo come in too elbowing each other and finally sitting at the table. At least they don't yell.

We begin eating in silence until Angelo breaks the silence, making me internally groan.

"Since when do you eat broccoli?"He asks Matteo

"Since I want to get healthier and more in shape," He answers, taking another bite of his vegetables.

Roman's attention is on them, too. I guess this time, he hears them.

Enzo ignores them and just continues eating.

"And why the hell didn't  you tell me before? Maybe I wanted to start a diet with you!"

"It's not that big of a deal," I interrupt

Roman looks at me for a brief second before looking at his plate like he was afraid I would catch him looking at me.

That's actually cute

"You don't get it, princess. If you had a brother -"

"She does," Roman says, making Angelo's head snap to him.

"He talks!" He throws his arms in the air

"Enough Angelo. You are getting on my last nerve." Enzo comments sending him a murderous glare.

"Don't get between us, Enzo -"

"Oh, I will. Matteo, tomorrow you leave to France for a mission. We'll talk about the details in the office. This way, you, Angelo, will have no one to argue with."

"Thanks, Enzo," Matteo said grafully as if he wanted to get a pause from Angelo.

"It's not fair!" Angelo stands up and walks away like a little baby.

I shake my head. "He needs to grow up," I say.

"Ageed." All of the me at the table said.