[8]

By the time he is done, I am covered in blood and lightheaded. I didn't make a sound, not wanting to give him satisfaction.

I would glance behind him at Enzo and see him mouth to me 'I'm so sorry' multiple times.

Roman was fidgeting with the ring on his finger nervously and would wince every time Angelo gave me pain.

I tried to disconnect from the world, to stop my hearing, my sight, and only focus on my breathing and the times my father taught me how to be strong and endure.

Endure endure and endure all over again until I will be dead.

Angelo stepped aside from me, his shirt and hands covered with my blood.

I looked up at him with tired eyes and smirked, making him only angrier and stabbed me one last time in my leg before walking out.

"The show is over! You can leave!" Enzo said in an angry tone and hurried to me and untied the ropes, holding me captive. "I fucking told him to go easy!" He says helping me up and putting my arm around his shoulder letting me lean on him.

We start to walk outside. Enzo at my right and Roman at my left looking concerned at me.

I give him a little smile, and they help me into the back of the car.

Enzo went quickly into the drivers seat and drove away.

Roman was in the back with me.

I suddenly feel dizzy and feel black spots cover my vision. "I'm going to pass out," I state.

"Evelyn hold-"

I couldn't hear anything. Their mouths were moving, but no words were coming out.

My eyelids flutter shut, and I feel myself falling to my side.

~

I slowly open my eyes to see Roman's face, him already looking at me with a very worried expression, a drop of sweat forming on his forehead.

I'm still in the car. This time, my head was on Roman's lap. His hands took my hair out out my face.

"You are going to be okay," He says.

"I know,"I whispered.

I'm passing out because of the blood loss, I need a blood transfusion before it's too late.

Angelo decided to stab me and take out the knife. The blood was leaking out while he tortured me. I expected to pass out. I wonder how I didn't pass out sooner.

"Need blood transfusion," I say quietly before blacking out again but not before feeling two arms, shaking me, trying to keep me awake and yelling me to keep my eyes open.

"Evelyn, please -" that was Enzo's voice

~

I am blinded by the bright lights in the snow-white room. I blink rapidly to make this feeling disappear, and then I notice that I am in a hospital room. The sound of the heart monitor annoys me terribly.

"She's awake," I hear a nurses voice. I didn't even notice she was here. "Call them in."

After a few moments, the door opened, Enzo and Roman entering the room.

"How are you feeling, Evelyn?" Enzo asks

"I've been better. Who gave me the blood transfusion?" I ask. I would not have survived without blood.

"I did,"Roman said, now looking at me.

"Thank you, Roman."

"Yeah, no problem," He mumbles.

"I'm so fucking sorry,Evelyn. This is all my fault" Enzo said

"No, it's not-"

"Yes it is. If I haven't demanded your father to give you to me this wouldn't have happened."

"So you are saying you regret 'buying' me?"

"No Evelyn. I'm glad you are with me and a part of my mafia-"

"Then there is nothing to be sorry about. I accepted this. I knew what I would get myself into when I stepped into that mansion and got this damned tattoo."

"You didn't even said a word." Roman dared to speak

"I kept my title didn't I? There is a reason I have it."

"You don't understand Evelyn, all the people I have seen getting tortured at this ceremony atleast passed out right on the spot during the ceremony or died. You didn't even make a noise!"

"I have been trained to do this kind of things, Roman. Aside from being the heir of the Russian Mafia and assasin I am also a spy and if you didn't know if they catch you they torture you so you die in horrible pain. I have experienced this kind of pain before."

Roman visibly gulps and doesn't say anything else, he doesn't know what to say.

"Do you think you will able to come with is next week to Los Angeles?" Enzo asks wanting to change the subject. He was clearly disturbed by my last statement.

"Yeah most probably."

Enzo nods looking at the floor "If you want a break-"

"I'm not fragile Enzo. I will go to Los Angeles no questions asked."