[11]

Enzo indeed went at the receptionist and aparantly there aren't any more rooms available.

He threatened to kill them and blah blah blah, and now we stay in the same room.

He is on his phone, avoiding my gaze.

Good.

I go into the bathroom and shower and change into some fresh clothes before walking out the bathroom.

"Who's gonna sleep on the bed?" I ask.

"Both," he murmurs, not taking his head out of the phone.

"I'm not sleeping with you,"

"No. You're not. You sleep next to me."

I scoff and sit on the right side of the bed."What's up with you?" I finally ask

"Oh, please. I am perfectly fine. I don't know what you mean. "

"Yeah, sure then why are you being an asshole and ignore me?"

"That's how we should be. I am superior to you, " superior my ass.

"Then why weren't you like that from the beginning?" I ask, pushing him to give me the answer I wanted.

"Because."

"Because?"

"Because I don't want to get more attached than I really am," he says, looking at me now.

"More attached? And don't tell me this has something to do with Roman and me. "

"I don't want to talk about it," he says, standing up. I do the same.

"I do want to talk about it. I deserve to know."

"So you want to know that I wanted to meet you and be mine since we were children? That now that I finally managed to make you part of my team but now you and Roman are fucking together?" He says angrily so close to me.

I open my mouth to speak but I don't know what to say.

Since we were kids? This is the first time we meet!

And what does he mean me and Roman fuck?!

"Yeah don't say anything. Just listen. Since I was 10 I wanted to meet you, to talk to you. I saw you everywhere in my dad's papers. He wanted to buy you then but your father disagreed because he said you weren't ready! And now at the age of 28 I finally succed and now I am afraid I don't want to be just friends, Evelyn!"

"Enzo" I say in a soft voice. "Me and Roman are just friends. We just talk" I need to clarify this first.

He forrows "What? But you two-"

"We talk. That's all. I saw he needed a friend and I decided to be that friend even though you maybe didn't realize but Roman is not happy here when everyone avoids him"

"He never said anything" Enzo said piecing the things together.

"And I know many wanted me since I was little, my father talked with me about this. I knew long before that I will leave Russia and go to another mafia."

He nods looking at the ground "I really like you Enzo, I do but I am not ready for anything else. We can be friends until then, okay?"

He looks up at me "Okay" he whispers "I will wait"

"Thank you" I smile "Now can we get back to normal?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I could have just asked you sooner."

~

I'm laying on the right side of the bed starring at the ceiling.

I can't sleep and Enzo can't either. I can hear his breathing and he is clearly not asleep.

We put a pillow between us but I still don't dare to move.

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow that keeps me awake.

"You can't sleep?" Enzo breaks the silence giving me a side glare.

"No. I have a feeling" I say quietly.

He hums "Me too. Should we maybe call off the mission?" He asks

"No...we have to do it. We came all the way here to do this."

Enzo doesn't respond and I guess he fell asleep because his breathing is slower.

I rub my eyes and close my them and try to fall asleep.

~

I got a few hours of sleep when the alarm rang and woke me up.

When I open my eyes I see that Enzo is not at my side and his side is already made.

I stand up and yawn making my side of the bed.

I go into the bathroom and do my normal routine when I get a text on my phone.

Enzo: After you wake up be down in the loby

I don't remember saving his number. Did he enter it in my phone while I was asleep? Most probably.

Me:Okay i'll be there in 10.

I quickly change and take the elevator to the lobby.

I see Roman on the couch typing something on his laptop while Enzo talks to him.

This might be the first time I see Enzo have a conversation with Roman.

I sit next to Roman and look at what he is typing but then he quickly turns it towards Enzo so I don't see what's written.

"Why can he see and I don't?" I ask in disbelief

"It's men stuff" Enzo says looking at the screen.

"Rude" I murmur. "When do we leave?" I ask

"In half an hour. Our men are on their way" Enzo answered.