18.

— kamryn's pov:

"i don't know where daddy is kairi" i replied through gritted teeth as she asked where dave was for the 100th time this morning.

"he's always here for the first day" she moaned.

"yes i get that kairi you've said that 10 times already" i snapped making her frown.

i looked at her with a sigh "i'm sorry kai. i'm sorry i'm just stressed okay?" i replied

"okay" she sobbed making me feel bad.

"im sorry come here" i apologised on the brink of tears myself.

she gave me a hug but it was broken up by ava moaning.

"mommy my shoe won't go on. help me".

"come here ava" i said tapping my thighs for her to take a seat on them.

she did so allowing me to help her put her shoes on.

as i did the laces kobi came in , in her diaper circling the room shirtless.

"good morning kobi".

"daddy?" she asked ignoring me.

"she doesn't know where daddy is" kairi blurted making me roll my eyes.

i hoped she'd keep quiet about that to kobi since kobi was much younger and may panic easier.

"daddy?" she asked again sounding more panicked.

"daddy will be fine. he'll be back before we know it!" i smiled trying to be encouraging.

"you're done ava" i smiled watching her get up.

"i want daddy now kamryn" kobi moaned her bottom lip quivering.

"don't cry kobi. he'll be here soon" i sighed opening my arms as she fell into them in tears.

his kids were so dramatic but i could tell why they were upset now.

i felt like he kept the kids with me more and more. i could tell it was effecting them too. in early days when he left me with them they'd almost be happy but rarely seeing there father was taking a toll on them.

"look i think we all miss daddy but let's just go with the fact he'll be back home soon okay?".

"before we go to school?" kairi asked.

"i don't know but if not i'll make sure he's here when you get back from school okay?".

"okay" she smiled making everyone else smile too.

"okay...now come let's get the rest of your clothes on. grandmami should be here soon".

with that ava and kairi we're more alive acting and got dressed along with packing their bags. you could tell they wanted him now but the idea of him being here after school calmed them down.

i didn't know where he was so i honestly did wish i didn't say that but i didn't know what to say to be honest. especially to kairi and kobi. their dad had been with them since birth. i didn't know what to say to them to calm them down , he did.

"now you let's put a shirt on you" i smiled to kobi.

"kairi" she said.

kairi threw a white shirt out.

"sister code" i smiled as i pulled the shirt over her head.

"do you have a sister kamryn?" kobi asked.

"yes i do actually" i smiled.

she gasped "do you like it?".

"well i don't really see my sister much since her work keeps her away and she lives all the way in canada. however when i do see her it's fun and i like it".